Versie 6.6.0 van MKVToolNix is uitgekomen. MKVToolNix is een collectie opensourceprogramma's waarmee Matroska-bestanden kunnen worden bekeken, bewerkt en geconverteerd. Zo kunnen geluidssporen en ondertiteling worden toegevoegd, verwijderd of juist als standaard worden ingesteld. Het zijn afzonderlijke commandline-tools, maar er wordt een grafische gebruikersinterface meegeleverd. Versies kunnen worden gedownload voor Windows, een groot aantal Linux-distributies en OS X. Sinds versie 6.4.1 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
- mmg: new feature: implemented drag & drop in the chapter editor. Implements #929.
- mmg: bug fix: fixed an assertion in wxLogMessage() due to wrong format string/argument data types caused by changes in wxWidgets 3.0.0. See Debian bug #730273.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: improved resilience against MP4 files with obviously wrong entries in the 'sample size table' (STSZ) atom.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: improved VC1 frame type detection so that it works even for streams without entry points.
- mkvinfo: bug fix: at most the lower 32bits of the track numbers and track UIDs elements were output, even if the element in the file used more bits. Fixes #935.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed accessing invalid memory in the memory handling core routines. May be triggered by the code to remove filler NALUs introduced in v6.5.0. Fixes #931.
- mmg: bug fix: fixed the tracks list box on the input tab being invisible/0 pixels high with wxWidgets 2.9.x/3.x.
- all: integrated the Portuguese translation. Although the translation files themselves had been added back in 6.3.0 that translation wasn't available for selection due to forgetfulness on my part.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The file detection code in the MPEG elementary stream reader had a logic error. Fixes #928. In practice this logic error didn't have any consequence.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: filler NALUs will now be removed from framed h.264/AVC tracks (such as the ones read from Matroska/MP4 files) just like they have already been when handling unframed tracks.
- mkvextract: new feature: implemented support for extracting VP9 tracks into IVF files.
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented support for VP9 read from IVF and Matroska/WebM files. Implements #899.
- mkvextract: enhancement: using the same track/attachment ID multiple times in "tracks", "attachments" or "timecodes_v2" mode will result in an error message instead of one empty file. Implements #914.
- mmg: bug fix: With wxWidgets 2.9.x/3.0.x debug message will no longer appear as modal dialogs but only go to the log window.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed a crash when reading empty global tag files. Fixes #921.
- build system: bug fix: fix autodetection of Boost's library path if it is installed in the multiarch directories (e.g. /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu or /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu).
- mmg: bug fix: saved window widths were growing by 1 pixel each time mmg was exited.
- documentation: Added a German translation of the man pages by Chris Leick (see AUTHORS).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading OGM files with chapter entries not encoded in the system's local character set has been fixed. During identification the number of chapter entries is still output by removing any non-ASCII characters from the chapter entries. When muxing an additional warning is output if parsing those chapter entries fails, e.g. due to the format being wrong or due to the charset guessed wrongly. Fixes #919.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The "duration" element was calculated wrong if the first element in the file wasn't the one with the smallest timestamp. To be precise, it was too short by the difference between the first timestamp and the smallest one (e.g with video sequences timestamped 80ms, 0ms, 40ms, 120ms... the duration was 80ms too short).