Er is een bètarelease van versie 8.0 van TeamViewer uitgekomen. Met dit programma kunnen andere computers via een veilige vpn-verbinding op afstand worden beheerd. TeamViewer is gratis voor niet-commercieel gebruik en wordt ontwikkeld voor Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS en Android. Nieuw in versie 8, die op dit moment alleen beschikbaar is voor Windows en OS X, is onder andere de mogelijkheid een sessie aan een ander over te dragen, na afloop van een sessie notities toe te voegen en onlinevergaderingen in Outlook op te nemen. Verder is er een managementconsole waarin onder meer gebruikers kunnen worden beheerd. De volledige release notes voor versie 8 kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
Completely new: The TeamViewer Management Console
- Session handover from one expert to another
Invite a colleague to an active remote control session to resolve a support case together. If necessary, you can hand over the session completely.
- Comment on sessions for billing documentation
Enter your comments immediately after closing the remote control session. In your TeamViewer Management Console you will find all the information clearly documented, e.g. for billing. Platform-comprehensive for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android.
- Share selected groups with other TeamViewer accounts
Do you provide service to your clients together with colleagues? Now it is easy to share individual groups on your computers & contacts list with the team, so that your colleagues have quick access on shared client computers. Read or write permissions can be set individually.
- Easy remote printing in your home office
Simply print out documents from remote computers on the printer next to you, e.g. while connecting to your office from home, without having to transfer files. You will always have all the important documents for a meeting or a client visit on hand, even if you have forgotten them at the office.
- Schedule online meetings easily in Microsoft Outlook
Now you can plan your online meetings directly in your Outlook calendar via the integrated TeamViewer button. Briefly convert existing appointments into TeamViewer meetings and send the updated invitation conveniently with the necessary access information.
- Session recording, including sound and video for perfect documentation
Record both, online meetings and remote control sessions, including sound, VoIP, and videos. Ideal for proofs and training in the near and distant future.
- Remote sound and video
Hear and see what is happening on the remote computer, whether it is a system sound, music, or videos. You can now show your participants a video in real-time during an online presentation, depending on computer performance and internet connection.
- Remote account logout
View current logins to your TeamViewer account in the TeamViewer Management Console. Close them later if you happen to have forgotten to log out of your account when having worked on another device.
- Automatically lock of the computer after remote access
The remote computer is automatically locked instantly if the connection is closed or interrupted. This ensures that no one gains unintended access to the Mac or Windows computer you were just connected to.
Special note for Windows 8 users
- User management: Manage all of the TeamViewer users in your company directly on the web
- Log every support connection
- Web-based connections directly from the TeamViewer Management Console
Special note for our Mac users
- TeamViewer Touch
- Experience a new kind of remote control in Windows 8. The new TeamViewer Touch app is now available for download in the Windows 8 Store.
- Modern Multi-Touch gestures and improved Windows 8 support
- Call up special Windows 8 commands (e.g. the Windows 8 Charms bar) on a remote computer directly via the toolbar in the remote control window. From touch screen to touch screen, you will experience the simple use of TeamViewer in Windows 8 with the help of modern Multi-Touch gestures.
Information for existing customers
- Retina support
Crystal clear view on your MacBook Pro: The TeamViewer 8 user interface now also supports your Retina display.
- QuickSupport with your TeamViewer account data
Create a personalized TeamViewer QuickSupport for Mac while integrating with your TeamViewer account. When your customer launches the module, their data will automatically appear in your computers & contacts list. After a short confirmation (without exchange of ID and password) you are directly connected. Chat messages are also possible before the support session is established.
- TeamViewer 8 users can still establish remote control connections with TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- For technical and licensing reasons, a remote control connection in the other direction, i.e., from TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 to TeamViewer 8, is not possible. Meetings with version 8 are also accessible for participants with version 7, however, vice versa it is not possible due to the mentioned reasons.