Postbox is een e-mailclient voor Windows en Mac OS X met uitgebreide mogelijkheden, die zijn oorsprong kent in Mozilla's Thunderbird. Naast Postbox is er ook de gratis Postbox Express, die uiteraard minder mogelijkheden heeft. Versie 2.1.3 van Postbox is uitgekomen, maar omdat het programma alweer een tijdje niet in de Meuktracker voorbij is gekomen, we gaan wat verder terug, namelijk naar versie 2.0.0 van oktober van het afgelopen jaar.
- Performance and Stability Improvements
- Added ability to add address book cards without e-mail address to the Postbox Address Book
- Fixed an issue with fetching RSS articles
- Fixed an issue with summarize mode for French users
- Fixed an issue with saving drafts of messages that contained signatures with images
- Improved order of Quick Move and Quick Switch results
- Improved migration and import from Mail.app
- Now compatible with the Mac App Store version of OmniFocus
- Languages - all supported languages are shipped with the Postbox application now and no longer require installing separate language packs. The language will be automatically selected based on your system locale setting. Please see the following Knowledge Base Article to change the language back to English or another language.
- Dictionaries - Use the included system dictionaries on Mac OS X
- Time Machine - more efficient disk space usage for IMAP accounts when using Time Machine on Mac OS X.
- Add the ability to auto close a stand alone message window on delete instead of loading the next message. Please see the following Knowledge Base Article for more details.
- Fixed an issue with indexing large messages on Windows
- Fixed an issue with the Mac OS X Address Book when addressing to an Address Book Group where the message would not send.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to re-order favorite topics in the focus pane
- Fixed an issue when changing identities in the compose window where the old signature would not get removed when the signature for the new identity was added
- Fixed an issue with importing messages from Apple Mail
- Incorporated Mozilla Firefox security updates through version 3.6.13
- The power of Postbox Conversation Views has now been integrated into message compose. In addition to traditional message quoting, you can now compose messages in "Summarize Mode" which provides a clean "who-said-what" summary of the conversation. For additional detail, please see the following Knowledge Base Article. Summarize mode applies to reply and forward as inline for HTML composition
- Ability to toggle between Reply and Reply All from the compose window via a toolbar button
- Ability to configure Quick Reply to always default to Reply All via Preferences | Compose | Advanced
- Support for Mail As PDF on Mac OS X from the Mac print dialog in your favorite Mac application
- Add a keyboard shortcut for Paste Without Formatting to the compose window: cmd-shift-v (Mac) and ctrl-shift-v (Windows)
- Quick Look is now implemented for attachments in the compose window on Mac OS X. Select the attachments and use the space bar to quick look them.
- Fixed an issue opening iWork (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers) attachments on Mac OS X
- Fixed an issue with tooltips not always disappearing correctly on Mac OS X when using Spaces
- Fixed an issue with Spotlight not showing the correct subjects
- Performance and stability improvements with large sets of mail
- Incorporated Mozilla Firefox security updates through version 3.6.11
- Fixed an issue with the Subscribe File menu being enabled incorrectly when a POP3 account was selected.
- QuickText Add-on - The Quick Text add-on is now compatible with Postbox 2
- Alfred App - Alfred App now works with Postbox on Mac OS X
- Allow OmniFocus integration to use all of the selected message text instead of just the first 150 characters
- Fixed an issue with Renaming messages subjects on Windows
- Fixed an issue with quick reply when new mail arrived into an account group
- Fixed an issue with importing messages from Mail.app that could lead to messages not having their bodies displayed correctly
- Improved Growl Alerts - For Mac OS X users, growl notifications for new mail now include the subject
- 1Password Support - support for 1Password on Mac OS X when opening attachments from 1Password
- SpamSieve - Support for SpamSieve on Mac OS X (add-on coming soon)
- Fixed an issue with font sizes not being set correctly on outgoing HTML messages
- Fixed an issue where urls were not always linkified in the message pane
- Fixed an issue with account groups when cycling a message between Unread, Read and Pending
- Fixed an issue opening a plain text draft where in plain text mode where formatting was getting dropped
- Fixed a problem with selecting large conversations yielding an XML error in non English builds
- Performance and Stability Improvements.
- Universal Inbox and Account Groups
- To-Dos - View all of the To-Dos in a tab for a folder or search by clicking the new To-Do view button in the toolbar
- Quick Reply - reply to a message without the need to open a separate compose window
- Quick Switch - the 'g' key will bring up a panel which you can use to switch to another folder
- Focus Pane - filter by Has Attachment, Unread, Topics, Favorite Contacts, and Dates
- Quick Move - the 'v' key will bring up a panel which you can use to autocomplete against your list of folders for easy filing
- Improved Signatures Support - signatures are now accessible from the Compose Toolbar
- Compact or Minimal Header Display Mode
- Messages are now sent in the background
- Improved Keyboard Shortcuts
- Several stability and peformance fixes
Postbox screenshot, klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere versie.