Deluge is een Bittorrent-client ontwikkeld door Zach Tibbitts en Alon Zakai, twee leden van het Ubuntu-forum, en maakt gebruik van libtorrent en Pygtk. Naast versies voor de bekende Linux-distributie wordt Deluge ook voor Windows en Mac OS X uitgebracht. Het programma heeft alles wat je van een Bittorrent-client mag verwachten: Bittorrent-protocolencryptie, mainline dht, upnp, nat-pmp, µTorrent Peer Exchange en de mogelijkheid om het programma op afstand via een webbrowser te beheren. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 1.2.0 uitgebracht, tezamen met de volgende aankondiging:
It's been exactly 1 year since the 1.1.0 release, so it's fitting that we get the 1.2.0 final out today. There has been a slew of changes during the RC period, so please take a look at the ChangeLog for all the details. We recommend that you use the latest libtorrent release, 0.14.8, with Deluge 1.2.0 to ensure a bug-free experience.
A few highlights:
- Replaced XMLRPC with DelugeRPC - this has made the communication between the UI and daemon much more efficient and secure. All connections are now SSL encrypted and compressed. This change has far reaching effects, such as fixing the UI locking issue on Windows and the issue where a UI won't receive signals if it is firewalled from the daemon.
- Completely rewritten WebUI - the webui has been rewritten to use AJAX exclusively and it looks beautiful!
- New plugins - we've added a few new plugins to this release including: Extractor, Execute, Scheduler and WebUI
- Improved Classic Mode - this has been reworked to run the daemon in the same program space as the UI which should provide better performance by bypassing the RPC.
As always, see the ChangeLog and the Revision Log for the full list of changes.
- We are no longer including the libtorrent source in our source tarballs. Deluge will work just fine with a system libtorrent package installed to your system provided it has the python bindings. If you want to use Deluge's build system to build libtorrent, simply drop in the libtorrent source directory in the Deluge tree and run the usual build command.
- The dependencies of this release has changed a bit, in particular we now use Twisted quite extensively. Please review the included DEPENDS file for a full list of dependencies.
- Translations may not be up-to-par with this release, so please head over to our launchpad translation page and update those strings!
- Make a backup of your config! We've changed the format of some of our config/state files, so a clean revert back to 1.1.9 won't be possible.
Download the source tarballs from: http://download.deluge-torrent.org/source or check out the Download page for information on where to find packages for your OS.