Verleden week is versie 3.8.6 van Data Crow verschenen. Dit catalogusprogramma kan orde in de chaos scheppen van zo'n beetje elke verzameling, of het nu om boeken, cd's, dvd's, foto's of muziekbestanden gaat. Waar mogelijk wordt allerlei relevante en aanvullende informatie van internet opgehaald, zoals IMDb, Amazon of Bol.com. Het programma is open source en in Java geschreven, en het is dan ook eenvoudig om aanpassingen in het uiterlijk of de functionaliteit te maken. Hieronder zijn de wijzigingen te vinden die aangebracht zijn sinds het programma de vorige keer in de Meuktracker voorbij gekomen is:
Data Crow 3.8.6Fixed
- Incorrect translation of tabs in the software module (only fixed for new installations)
- Several small memory leaks concerning images.
- Image not always saved; newly added image are marked as updated images causing them to be discarded.
- Cannot perform online search for items having a ' in the name.
- Picture not shown in the images detail page of the web GUI.
- Local art tab is shown for the image importer.
- Data Crow cannot be started after installing it without the modules.
- Images are no longer copied in their unmodified state to the Data Crow images folder. The image will now first be scaled (400x400).
- The link to the original image is now used to display the original image (if it is available).
- A new option has been added to the file importer: save directly. This option adds items directly to the database, bypassing the new item tab. This saves both time and memory.
- Selected server, mode and region are now remembered for the Mass Update functionality.
- Queries as entered in the online search form are now used in their unmodified form.
- You can quickly add a new drive (directory or network location) from within the File Import dialog.
- Quick filter toolbar; you can now search for child items
Data Crow 3.8.5Fixed
- Discogs.com online service no longer retrieved the tracks.
- Memory leak in the card view. Data Crow will now use a maximum amount of memory. After that, additional memory is actively released to the system.
- File size is cleared when saving an item of which the file does not exist.
-  Failure after installing without modules. Data Crow can now actually be started without having any of the default modules available.
- Non picture fields are displayed in the pictures settings for the card view.
-  Cannot delete empty back picture.
-  Update all still malfunctioning.
-  Null Pointer Exception when importing Movies
-  No directory sort order in Movie import dialog
- Selected container and storage medium for the file importer is now remembered for a next run.
- Default picture order for the card view has been corrected (front, media, back).
Data Crow 3.8.4Fixed
- Update all was no longer working.
- I had to remove the skin look and feel options. The performance of Data Crow in combination with the skin look and feel is very bad compared to the normal look and feels.
- The cards in the card view have been made bigger. This also fixes the issue where images are clipped / displayed partially.
- Images exported by the item exporter and the reporting tool were corrupted.
- Report creation process could not be canceled.
- Online update duplicates tracks.
Data Crow 3.8.3Fixed
- Related modules are not correctly imported using the module import wizard.
- Hierarchy container tree does not update correctly when changing the parent of a container.
- Invalid container hierarchies are not prevented (unending loop).
- Update all does not update items when the validation of an item fails. This is fine but no error is shown to the user.
- NullpointerException when deleting a custom made module (rarely occurs).
- Imdb.com online service was no longer working. Cobra project: Imdb.com HTML was no longer valid for this library. The cobra.jar library has been altered to correct this.
- Changes made to the contact person module were saved to the wrong module JAR file.
Data Crow 3.8.2Fixed
- Genres for movies retrieved by IMDB were, sometimes, appended by " more".
- Sorting: sort settings overruled the sorting of a filter created in the filter dialog. Now this filter dialog sorting is remembered. Changing the sort after applying a filter overrules the sorting of the filter.
- Description was not retrieved for software from Sourceforge.
- Updated Italian translated. Thanks Marco Artioli!
- Added a new reference to the software module: License.
- Softpedia online service. Retrieves information on drivers and Linux, Mac, windows and game (related) titles. Together with the previous new online services (Sourceforge.net and FreeBookSpot) Data Crow now offers information on downloadable (free) content instead of solely using the online service to retrieve information on commercial titles. You can expect more of these kind of services to be added in the near future.