Microsoft heeft met versienummer 12.2.3 een update voor Office 2008 voor Mac OS X beschikbaar gemaakt. De update is verkrijgbaar in elf verschillende talen en is ongeveer 375MB groot. Versie 12.2.3 bevat een groot aantal veranderingen die de stabiliteit en prestaties ten goede zou moeten komen. Zo is er onder andere een ernstig lek gedicht wat het mogelijk maakte om de inhoud van het geheugen te overschrijven. Hieronder is de volledige lijst te vinden met veranderingen die in deze update met zich meebrengt:
Improvements for all Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac applications
Improvements for Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac
- Security is improved. This update fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2008 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
- Stability is improved. This update fixes an issue that causes Office 2008 applications to close unexpectedly when you open or use Office 2008 applications.
- Windows Office documents to which metafiles are attached now contain the correct text spacing when they are opened in Office 2008 for Mac. This update fixes text spacing issues that occur when you use Office 2008 for Mac to open a Windows Office document to which an OLE object or a metafile is attached.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac
- Stability is improved. This update fixes an issue that causes Word to close unexpectedly in the following scenarios:
- You accept tracked changes in a document.
- You are working on documents that contain two separate language settings, and you run the Italian grammar check.
- You try to save a Newsletter template as a .doc document.
Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
- Stability improved when you work with PivotTables. This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to close unexpectedly sometimes when you work with PivotTables.
- The Workday function excludes weekends and holidays. This update fixes an issue in which the Workday function includes weekends and holidays.
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
- Stability is improved. This update fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint 2008 to do the following:
- PowerPoint closes unexpectedly when you hide PowerPoint from the slide master.
- PowerPoint crashes when you click to edit text, and the Do not check Spelling option is selected in the Language dialog box that is in the Tools menu.
Improvements for Microsoft Document Connection for Mac
- Time zone information is updated. This update provides updated time zone information.
- The junk mail filter is updated. This update includes a new Junk E-mail Protection definition file.
- Stability is improved with Document Connection. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection not to open some files or to display an error in the following scenarios:
- The files do not have an associated start application.
- The files have an equal sign (=) in the file name.
- Multiple files that have different file types are checked out.
- Copy Link on the shortcut menu can be used to copy a URL. This update includes the Copy Link command that lets you copy a URL by using the shortcut menu.
- The File icon displays the correct file status. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection to show the status of the Edit icon as Read-Only when a file is opened two times.
- Document Connection opens only the file that you intend to open. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection to also open a blank document every time that you open a file. This behavior only occurs when the application that is associated with the file is already open before you open the file from Document Connection.
- CMD+R is used for Refresh. This update assigns the keyboard shortcut CMD+R for Refresh.
- Accounts that use "@msn.com" can be used to connect to Office Live Workspace. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection to reject @msn.com accounts when you connect to Office Live Workspace.
- Zero kilobyte (KB) files can be uploaded to and downloaded from Document Connection. This update that causes Document Connection to reject blank files that are zero KB.
- The file size of a newly uploaded file is reflected accurately. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection not to display the file size of a newly uploaded file until you update the screen.
- Document Connection displays site library names with escape characters correctly. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection to display random characters in site library names for escape characters.
- Document Connection stores passwords in the keychain for HTTPS sites. This update fixes an issue that causes Document Connection to prompt you for credentials even when your password is stored in the keychain. This issue occurred only for secured sites.
De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
Microsoft Office 2008 voor Mac 12.2.3 - Nederlands
Microsoft Office 2008 voor Mac 12.2.3 - Engels