Microsoft heeft maandag het tweeede Service Pack van Office 2008 voor Mac OS X beschikbaar gemaakt. De update heeft versienummer 12.2.0 meegekregen en is verkrijgbaar in elf verschillende talen, met downloads tussen de 207 en 297MB groot. Service Pack 2 bevat een groot aantal veranderingen die de stabiliteit en prestaties ten goede zou moeten komen. Daarnaast is er een nieuwe toepassing met de naam Microsoft Document Connection en zijn er nieuwe functies in PowerPoint. Ten slotte is deze update ook de minimale vereiste voor het installeren van de Web Services Edition van Microsoft Entourage 2008 voor de Mac. Hieronder vind je de volledige lijst met veranderingen die in het tweede Service Pack aanwezig zijn:
Improvements for all Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac applications
Improvements for Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac
- Stability is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes Office 2008 applications to exit unexpectedly when you open or use the applications.
- Setup Assistant displays a message when an invalid product key is used.
This update fixes an issue that causes Setup Assistant to loop when the user enters an invalid product key. The Setup Assistant now displays a message and asks the user to enter a valid product key.
- Spell checking is improved when International System Preferences is set to Austrian or German input methods.
This update fixes an issue in which the spell checking feature is disabled intermittently for Austrian and German languages.
- Text box and the custom tab stops on a ruler align on a PowerPoint slide.
This update fixes an issue that causes the text box and the tab stops on the ruler not to line up appropriately.
- New controls for changing the alignment of text on chart elements.
This update includes new controls for setting the vertical position, orientation, and custom angle of text in chart elements. It also includes controls for data label positions.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac
- Stability is improved when you use Mail Merge with pictures.
This update fixes an issue that causes Word to crash when you use the Mail Merge Manager to insert a record with pictures from an external data source into your main document.
- Notebook Layout View recovers audio notes after Word closes unexpectedly.
This update fixes an issue that causes users to lose their audio notes when Word closes unexpectedly. When you restart Word, the AutoRecover file does not include the audio notes. This issue is fixed now.
- Performance is improved.
This update fixes performance issues that occur in the following scenarios:
- When you use the Outline View.
- When you use Japanese characters and the Formatting Palette Styles functionality.
- Section indicator is included in the Word status bar.
This update reintroduces the Section indicator to the status bar. The Section indicator provides the section number that you are currently viewing in your document.
- Reliability is improved with display redraw issues.
This update fixes various display redraw issues that might occur when you scroll through a document that contain bullets and numbering.
- Compatibility with Word 2007 is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes a Word 2007 document that has table borders not to be displayed correctly when the document is viewed in Word 2008 for Mac.
- Reliability is improved when you copy a numbered list.
This update fixes an issue that causes a numbered list to lose its formatting when it is copied into another document.
- Improved editing when you use Korean characters.
This update fixes an issue that causes Korean characters in a document to display incorrectly when you press the arrow keys.
- Compatibility is improved with SpellCatcher X.
This update fixes an issue that improves compatibility with SpellCatcher X.
Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
- Reliability is improved when you open a protected workbook.
This update fixes an issue that causes a protected workbook not to open.
- Performance is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes slow performance in the following scenarios:
- When you open a workbook from a network share.
- When you perform calculations.
- Stability is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to close unexpectedly in the following scenarios:
- When you enter arguments in a specific order for the XNPV function in the Formula Builder.
- When you right-click a Chart Sheet, and then you click Select Data.
- Changes to text links in shapes are maintained.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to lose changes to text links in shapes when the spreadsheet is opened in Excel 2004 or earlier.
- Stock quote data retrieved by using Web queries is displayed correctly when refreshed.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to display the following message when you update stock quotes in a worksheet.You can use a Web query to retrieve data that is stored on your Intranet or the Internet. Excel now displays the correct stock data when it is refreshed.Selection can be single cell only.
- Customized page setup options are saved.
This update resolves a compatibility issue of page setup between Windows and Mac. Excel 2008 for Mac keeps the page setup options that were last saved on the Windows-based computer.
- Shapes on a chart are positioned correctly.
This update fixes an issue that causes a chart to appear in the wrong location when you resize the chart and save the file in the .xls file format.
- Excel Web Services display Excel 2008 Workbooks correctly on the Web.
This update fixes an issue in which Excel 2008 Workbooks are not rendered on the Web when Workbooks is used with Excel Web Services. Excel Web Services is an Office SharePoint technology that makes it easy to use, share, and manage Excel workbooks (.xslx, xslb) as interactive reports in a consistent way throughout the enterprise.
- Charts display the correct international date format.
This update fixes an issue that causes charts to display incorrect date formats when you set the international date format to a non-English geographic region.
- Reliability improved when you change cell values.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to crash when you change a cell value in certain cases, such as when a formula contains the MEDIAN function.
- Excel displays a warning when you open a file that has an XLM macro in named range.
This update fixes an issue in which Excel opens a file that has an XLM macro in named range without any warning. Typically, Excel displays a message to let users know whether there are some XLM macros inside the file.
- Out of Memory warning is displayed when you copy data by using the fill handle.
This update fixes an issue that causes an out of memory warning when you copy data by using the fill handle to drag your selection to more than 256 columns and 128 rows.
- Linked cell in a workbook updates when the source cell in another workbook is updated.
This update fixes an issue that causes a linked cell not to update when the source cell on another sheet is updated with new data.
- Filtered list criteria are retained when you copy from Excel to PowerPoint.
This update fixes an issue that causes a filtered list to clear when you copy it from Excel to PowerPoint. When it is copied, PowerPoint displays all data. This includes the hidden or filtered data. This issue is fixed.
- Option buttons respond to mouse clicks.
This update fixes an issue that causes custom XLM controls not to respond to mouse clicks.
- Performance and stability are improved for PivotTable reports.
This update fixes the following issues with Pivot tables:
- Performance decreases when you try to update a Pivot table report that has empty rows in the source data.
- An "Out of Memory" warning is displayed when you click the Wizard option from the PivotTable menu.
- Reliability improved for WordArt.
This update fixes an issue that causes WordArt that was created in Excel 2004 not to display in Excel 2008 for Mac when you open it on a Mac Power PC.
- Regional currency setting is preserved.
This update fixes an issue that causes the non-U.S. regional currency symbol to automatically change when the regional setting changes. For example, the € symbol in a worksheet changes to $ when it is viewed on a computer whose region is set to United States. You can control the regional settings by using the Mac OS X International system preferences.
- Cell column width is retained when you open Excel 2008 workbook in Windows Excel 2003.
This update fixes an issue that causes an Excel 2008 worksheet to lose its column width when it is opened in Excel 2003.
- Help displays information for the corresponding function in the Formula Builder.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel for Mac Help to display Help content for the incorrect function in the Formula Builder when you click the More help on this function link.
- Formula bar is not positioned correctly when switching between display resolutions.
This update fixes an issue that causes the formula bar to be positioned incorrectly when you switch between display resolutions.
- Leader Sheet header row is displayed correctly.
This update fixes an issue that causes the Ledger Sheet header not to be displayed correctly when a Ledger expands to fill more than one page.
- External links maintain their integrity to correct documents.
This update fixes an issue that causes external hyperlinks to create incorrect references in the destination file.
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
- Double-clicking a slide to add a text box.
This update lets you double-click a slide to add a text box.
- Path animation enables an object to trace a custom path.
This update now lets you add and edit path animations on a PowerPoint slide. Path animation (also known as motion path) for an object traces a custom path for the object to follow across a slide. Unlike the entrance or exit effect, you can use a path animation to move the object on the slide from one position to another in any direction you want. You can apply path animation to any object, such as shapes, text, tables, or pictures.
- Preference to enable or disable mirroring when switching to another view or application.
This update provides a preference to mirror displays when you switch to another view or application during a slide show presentation. For example, assume that you are presenting a video demonstration outside your PowerPoint slides. You can switch from your presentation to the video and then mirror the displays so that you see on your primary monitor what the audience sees on the digital projector.
- Animated .gif files play in slide show.
This update lets you add animated .gif files in a presentation and play them during a slide show.
- Replace the default black-on-white theme with a custom theme.
This update enables you to replace the default black-on-white theme with a custom theme that can be used for all presentations.
To replace the default theme, save the theme as Default Theme.thmx in the following folder:/Users/username/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Themes
- Stability is improved.
This update resolves the stability issues that cause PowerPoint to close unexpectedly in the following scenarios:
- When you open a presentation in the Presenter View on a computer that has two video cards.
- When you change themes after you click the Office Theme tab in Slide Layouts.
- When you change certain animation options.
- When you save a picture with an existing file name.
- When you save a presentation that has two movies in a slide set that both have the following play modes set: Automatically and When Clicked.
- Japanese symbols are displayed correctly in a slide.
This update fixes an issue that causes some Japanese symbols to be listed as spelling errors.
- Improved AutoCorrect for non-U.S. versions of English.
This update fixes an issue in which the AutoCorrect tool excludes the first letter of a misspelled word in non-U.S. versions of English.
- Templates open with the new file behavior.
This update fixes an issue that causes a template to open as a presentation and overwrite the template when it is saved. Templates now open as new files. So when you save the file, it opens the Save As dialog box instead of overwriting the existing template.
- Pointer behavior improved in Slide Show mode.
This update fixes an issue that causes the pointer in Slide Show mode to stay on an object until you move to another slide. The pointer behavior is now corrected so that it disappears after several seconds in Slide Show mode.
- Improved character spacing support when a presentation is saved as a .ppt file.
This update fixes an issue that causes a custom formatted character spacing in the text to automatically change to default when the presentation is saved as a .ppt file.
- By default, the Snap to Grid option is disabled.
By default, this update disables the Snap to Grid option.
- Fonts are retained when you insert a PowerPoint slide from another presentation.
This update fixes an issue that causes the fonts to change from Arial to Calibri when you insert a slide from another presentation.
- Formatting settings are preserved.
This update fixes an issue that causes the formatting that was set in an earlier version of PowerPoint to revert to AutoShape defaults when you paste slides into the new version of a PowerPoint presentation.
- Text box grouping is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes the text in a grouped text box to leave a blank space when the group box is widened or that causes the text to overflow when the group box is narrowed.
- Text centers correctly when typed into a text box.
This update fixes an issue that causes text in a text box to move to the left instead of to the center.
- Title text in a presentation is displayed correctly when it is opened in an earlier version of PowerPoint.
This update fixes an issue that causes title text to double up when the presentation is opened in an earlier version of PowerPoint.
- Converting charts with hyperlinks is improved.
This update fixes an issue that disables the hyperlinks in charts when you convert them from older versions of PowerPoint.
- Spelling checker performance is improved.
This update fixes the following issues:
- The spelling checker tool is disabled intermittently in PowerPoint presentations.
- The spelling checker tool crashes when it finds a spelling error in the footer of the Slide Master.
- The spelling checker does not recognize spelling errors in titles.
- Support for Proxy auto-config (.pac) file.
This update adds support for automatically configured Mac OS X proxy network settings.
- MobileMe accounts are automatically configured in Entourage.
This update adds support for automatically configuring MobileMe accounts in Entourage.
- Junk e-mail filtering definition file is updated.
This update includes an updated junk e-mail filtering definition file.
- Support for configuring POP access for new Windows Live Hotmail.
This update adds support for automatically configuring POP access for new Windows Live Hotmail accounts in Entourage.
- Improved reliability when you send encrypted or digitally signed messages to recipients in different organizations.
This update fixes an issue that causes some encrypted or digitally signed messages to be discarded by the receiving server without an undeliverable notification to the sender.
De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
Microsoft Office 2008 voor Mac Service Pack 2 - Nederlands
Microsoft Office 2008 voor Mac Service Pack 2 - Engels