Het Amerikaans leger heeft sinds half 2002 een nieuwe mogelijkheid om jongeren enthousiast te krijgen voor een militaire loopbaan. Met het spel America's Army kan je in de huid van een Amerikaanse soldaat kruipen die verschillende missies moet doorlopen. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben op de laatste dag van januari America's Army: Special Forces "Overmatch" 2.8.3 de deur uitgedaan en voorzien van de onderstaande lijst met veranderingen. Het spel kan onder andere via deze pagina met Bittorrent binnen gehaald worden.
Our goal is to tighten up the game, increase performance and reduce the size of the installers. We improved the frame rate a great deal in this release. Some people have reported as much as a 40% increase - although performance varies based upon your specific system setup.
The new Instant Action mode of America’s Army allows you to quickly jump into the AA action without the need to complete training first. Now with Instant Action Recruit status you can play alongside veteran AA gamers and complete training at your convenience. Instant Action is available on any mission that is not restricted to Special Forces only players. You will need to complete Basic Combat Training in order to achieve honor levels higher than Honor 20, plus you'll gain the benefits of improving your skills as a soldier with each training level you complete! Your Honor will remain at 20 until you pass BCT, at which point you will receive all of the additional experience points you have accrued.
The new AA Loader checks your version of the game to ensure you are up to date with the most current release. It also provides easy links to other community tools and support information. The AA Loader requires Internet Explorer 6.0 or later be installed on your system.
The flashbang has been tuned a bit to make it more realistic. The effectiveness has been reduced when used outdoors. Also the blackout duration has been reduced.
Weapons reload faster then before. Fixing jams and using the supported/unsupported function are also quicker now.
-Every Soldier is a Sensor (ES2)-
Every Soldier, as a part of a small unit, is a potential information collector and an essential component in achieving situational awareness. The updated SF Extraction mission includes new ES2 gameplay designed to embrace this new ES2 philosophy.
-SAI Creation Tool-
The AA Mission Editor now includes tools to help you set up and capture images for use with the Situational Awareness Indicator (SAI). You can customize the captured images and import them into your maps to enable simple SAI functionality. Look in the 'Tools/SAI Map Image Tools' menu to give it a try.
- Demorec: Demorec system does not save files to the correct directory
- Demo Mode: There are no sounds from the pawns weapon when he is firing it.
- Shoothouse Map: Wrong m9 ammo is shown on the table
- Demo Mode: Muzzle flashes are not displayed on playback.
- SF Water Treatment Map: Player is able to shoot through bulletproof glass in Machinery Server Room
- Gameplay: Screen shaking is observed when player joins map and changes viewpoints
- Medic Field: Cap rank does not match rank on ACU Shirt
- Weapons: Obtaining 31 40MM rounds with the M203 causes the rifle to malfunction.
- GamePlay: Player observes camera shaking while dying.
- Steamroller Map: Objective shows up through concrete wall
- Hospital Map: Smoke grenade is eaten by truck.
- Guildhall SF Refinery - Reporting in Northwest & Southeast are not reporting correct area
- SF_CSAR: Player pawn stuck between building ground rubble and wall
- SF Courtyard: Rock/wall causes pawn to get stuck and bounce
- GuildHall SF Old Town: Player able to crawl under Tunnel Alpha floor and see other parts of the map
- VRS: VAE NPC goes into crouch position when action key is used
- Rummage: Lamps do not register bullet hits
- River Village: Building has a random ledge sticking out
- Rummage: Player movement is blocked when moving along the wall
- Rummage: Item on clothes line causes warping
- G15: Single player training missions show up with improper names or labeled as "untitled"
- G15: Player's name displayed too large.
- Stats: "Killed while capturing objective" statistic is not being recorded
- Rummage: Glitch on map, unable to move through doorway
- Viewing scoreboard while playing COOP maps causes log spam
- Rummage: Pawn gets stuck in SW Corner
- SF Hospital SE: NPC AI cause player to be shielded from live fire
- Rummage : Player gets stuck in one location
- Urban Assault: Stair well openings in Urban Assault have blocking volumes that allow bullets but not grenades
- Interdiction: Opening door causing collision with Civilian Informant, ending missing
- Excessive server log spam when AI hits movers or navigates to objective locations
- Editor: The "Possible Corrupted Installation" message box can become lost behind the splash screen forcing the user to force quit the application.
- Player is able to move while securing an objective if the player is self-healing
- Player may not spawn in the next round if they were leaning in the previous round at the time in which it ended
- GuildHall SF Floodgate: Player gets stuck exterior catwalk
- Training, Weapons Familiarization: Pawn rotation is limited to the bipod deployed scope when the weapon is not up
Miscellaneous Issues Addressed:
- Unreal Editor: Crash when using SAI Map Save Image
- SteamRoller: Pawn warps across map when jumping on top of telegraph pole
- FOV changes back to normal while weapon is still zoomed
- Player pawn disappears from view when motionless against wall surfaces
- SF Floodgate: Assault player is able to disappear from Defense view.
- Rummage: Player able to get to barbed wire rooftop
- River Village: Player able to fall through map if jumped on
- Field Dressing: User can stay alive by repeatedly applying field dressing
- Player able to take multiple objectives without standing next to it
- Player can apply Field Dressing while looking through scope or sights
- Medic: Instant reload can be performed when a medic has an empty magazine and reloads while performing a healing action
- Duration of flashbang too long
- Flashbang effectiveness outdoors is too strong
- SF Floodgate: Add Random Spawning to prevent grenade spam
- River Village: Rename the teams to "Assault Alpha" and "Assault Beta" since the level has random spawn points
- Increase the speed of the weapon reload, fixjam and supported/unsupported animations
- Demo Mode: Surpress UI elements from being displayed during playback
- Punkbuster: Update PBSetup to version 3.0
- Do not apply points to personal jacket that are obtained during rounds which forceclass is used on honor servers.
- Do not allow server administrators to forceclass individual players on honor servers without cheats being enabled.
- Add support to flag a map/mission as a night time level so that flashbang intensity is not reduced in night time outdoor zones.
- Introduce the America's Army Loader
- Opening console adversely affected game performance