Het Amerikaans leger ontwikkelt sinds 2002 het spel America's Army in de hoop jongeren enthousiast te krijgen voor een militaire loopbaan. Met dit spel kruip je in de huid van een Amerikaanse soldaat die verschillende missies moet doorlopen. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben America's Army: Special Forces "Overmatch" 2.8.5 de deur uitgedaan waarmee meer "Every Soldier a Sensor"-onderdelen worden toegevoegd. Het spel moet via de eigen deploy client binnengehaald worden die op deze pagina te vinden is. De lijst met veranderingen voor versie 2.8.5 ziet er als volgt uit:
This release includes ES2 updates to three maps, SF Courtyard, SF Hospital, Urban Assault. The maps have been updated with additional ES2 objects to discover and report. ES2 Bridge is a revised version of the classic Bridge Crossing map with new elements added such as ES2 objects with a new types of intelligence functionality. The new functionality includes unlocking access to a new path under the bridge, and supplying intelligellence on enemy positions.
"Intelligence reports that an illegal arms dealer is planning to transfer stolen top secret material to an agent of a known terrorist organization. Location of sensitive material is only known to be located in vicinity C94M98A04. Reports confirm that there are willing informants who know the exact whereabouts of the sensitive material."SF Hospital
"Following an ambush by enemy forces, a wounded Resistance leader escaped to a neutral hospital for treatment of his wounds. The leader is a critical member of the Resistance government within Unconventional Warfare Area of Operations (UWAO) JAZZ."Urban Assault
"A coalition convoy was raided and the cargo was stolen. It has been confirmed that the insurgents and the cargo are based in a residential area of the city. Due to the dense urban nature of the area it will be necessary to do a house by house assault on foot."ES2 Bridge
"Enemy forces masquerading as refugees have ambushed the US forces defending bridge at grid WS663429. Your force returning from patrol is now on the hostile side of bridge, and must link up with your company headquarters to pass along time-sensitive information."
- ES2Border: Rebuilt map to re-add lighting to interiors.
- ES2Border: Adjusted Civilian AI logic to reduce the chances of civialians running into the line of fire
- ES2Border: ES2 Points are now more evenly awarded to the reporting player as well as live team members
- ES2Border: Scoring for ES2 objects has been re-evaluated and is now the same for all maps. Points are now reflected by the value of the reported object
- ES2Border: Fixed terrain and player sticking issues
- ES2Border: Fixed various building anomolies
- ES2Border: Changed all Triggers and Objectives to be hidden while viewing in single player.
- ES2Border: Fixed issue with IED exploding even when not visible
- ES2Border: Fixed ES2 objects that did not spawn flags when reported
- ES2McKenna: Fixed AAR Instructor's face and hands
- Fixed issues with Friendlies showing up as Op-For when spectating in a co-op mission.
- Fixed a problem with ES2 objects not showing up after the game round is restarted.
- Fixed issue with the camera sinking through the ground while ragdolling in first-person. It was caused by a counter not being incremented unless the ragdoll was being rendered. Bumped the eye position up a few units when the player is dead just to ensure the camera doesn't even partially look through the ground.
- ES2: Added capability to damage ES2 objects. Added several damageable ES2 objects to the ES2 maps.
- ES2: Added objectives to the list of grenade damagable objects
- ES2: Tweaked spawning probabilities of certain ES2 objects
- AI: ES2Border civilians should now take appropriate cover when approached by US Forces or fired upon. Civilian will be capable of wandering, hiding/running from grenades, bullets and players.