Waržow is een open-source FPS die gebruikmaakt van Qfusion, een 3d-engine gebaseerd op de Quake 2 GPL-engine. Het spel probeert zich te onderscheiden van andere in hetzelfde genre door de omgeving en spelers op een stripachtige manier weer te geven, wapens uit te rusten met lichte en zware munitie en de spelers in staat te stellen om verschillende capriolen uit te halen, zoals bunny hopping, wall jumping, ramp sliding en dash double jumping. Op Gathering of Tweakers loopt een topic met meer informatie en gebruikerservaringen van dit spel. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 0.21 de deur uit gedaan en voorzien van de volgende aankondiging:
Well people, just over a month has passed since 0.2 was released and its time to release warsow patch 0.21! The patch offers mostly bug fixes and a few changes based upon post 0.2 feedback. Many of you will be happy to hear that the anti-lag settings have been tweaked and over 20 bugs have been fixed!
- Antilag was tweaked.
- exec command now works even if you don't specify the .cfg extension.
- Serverside duel demos now have player names in the filename.
- Option to enable automatic team locking was removed.
- Clients can now set slower than default packet sending interval.
- Items that have targetname set are not visible anymore.
- Sometimes players got stuck right after connecting to the server.
- Items dropped while in countdown weren't removed.
- demoavi command had few issues.
- timescale variable didn't work properly.
- Doors couldn't be opened by shooting them.
- Server download of files with spaces in the filename didn't work.
- Maps without VIS acted strangely.
- exec command crashed if there was an \ character in the filename.
- Callvote unlock misbehaved.
- Race mode emptied the inventory when passing the startline, instead of giving default items.
- Sometimes console was spammed with "MAX POLYS reached" messages.
- Automatic blade attack didn't do extra damage with Quad.
- You sometimes floated out of the map, when in end match scoreboard.
- cointoss command's help message had a typo.
- demojump and demopause commands didn't give error messages when not playing a demo.
- Announcer could be stuck in a loop repeating fight sound, when there were no longer enough players left after the countdown was finished.
- Canceling a map download and then reconnecting right away didn't continue the download.
- When you gibbed a teammates body, the team hitsound was played.
- wctf1 flag reset time is back to 8 again
- It wasn't possible to download server side demos, when cl_downloads variable was set to 0.
- Spawnpoint's targets were never triggered.
- Damage blend and pickup flash were shown in third person mode.
- There was sometimes an ugly sound loop while loading the map.
- If the server changed map while client was downloading, the client got stuck to the loading screen.
- Flood protection could sometimes be triggered without flooding and/or stuck on until map restart.
- Scoreboard sometimes stopped updating.
- After connecting to a server you could see "entered the game" messages multiple times.
- Players could receive damage from the environment even in timeout.
- If a bot was removed to make room for a connecting player, it wouldn't join back after the player left.
Waržow 0.21 is in de volgende smaken binnen te halen:
Linux (volledig - update voor versie 0.2)
Windows (volledig - update voor versie 0.2)