Versie 1.5 van War§ow is uitgekomen. War§ow is een gratis 'first-person shooter' voor Windows, Linux en OS X. Het is gebaseerd op de QFusion 3D-engine, die een modificatie is van de Quake 2-engine die onder een gpl beschikbaar is. War§ow is gemaakt onder het motto 'van gamers, voor gamers', door een team onafhankelijke ontwikkelaars uit alle hoeken van de wereld. Het spel kenmerkt zich door een cartoonachtige visuele stijl en een movement-systeem, waarbij Unreal-achtige walljumps en dodges kunnen worden gecombineerd met strafejumps en bunnyhops uit de Quake-franchise. De changelog voor versie 1.5 is hieronder te vinden.
- Feature: added built-in HTTP server (TCP port 44444) to serve UI AJAX queries and file downloads to clients.
- Feature: added localization support to User Interface and HUD (the language is autodetected at the first startup).
- Feature: added support for TrueType and OpenType fonts.
- Feature: distinguish between left and right ALT, SHIFT, CTRL key presses.
- Feature: gzip-compression of demo files.
- Feature: dropped support for Quake1 and Quake2 maps.
- Feature: dropped support for bitmap fonts.
- Improvement: entities with active events use distance-based server side culling (prevents fast moving players from suddenly appearing in POV).
- Improvement: optimized cinematics playback by offloading YCbCr->RGB color-space conversion to the GPU.
- Improvement: domain names for master servers are resolved asynchronously at startup to prevent slow or N/A DNS servers from blocking.
- Improvement (Linux): updated input code to use XInput2.
- Improvement (Linux): hint the window manager to bypass compositing in fullscreen mode.
- Improvement: increased the maximum number of simultaneously loaded models, sounds and shaders.
- Bugfix: fixed various audio/video synchronization issues with cinematics.
- Bugfix: force vertical synchronization during playback of fullscreen cinematics.
- Bugfix: resampled Ogg/Vorbis sounds had the looping position set to wrong value.
- Bugfix: editing a democam or adding a new one doesn't break spline paths.
- Improvement: Revamped wdm2 visuals.
- Improvement: Improved wdm12 lighting.
- Bugfix: added missing clips to wbomb6.
- Improvement: upgraded Jason Padpork player model.
- Feature: Added 5 new tracks from Warsow OST.
- Feature: moved renderer from the engine core to separate DLL.
- Feature: rewritten rendering backend, GLSL2+-compatible.
- Feature: GLSL shaders are now loaded from disk allowing customization and easing development.
- Feature: added support for foliage surfaces and instanced rendering.
- Feature: added 'soft particles' effect to explosions and halo shaders.
- Feature: added FXAA support.
- Feature: added RGB shadowmaps (fallback rendering path when GL_ARB_shadow extension isn't available).
- Feature: added r_brightness cvar, useful for monitors that are too dark.
- Feature: removed planar stencil shadows.
- Feature: removed bloom.
- Feature: removed r_ignorehwgamma cvar and associated functionality.
- Feature: removed r_lighting_diffuse2heightmap cvar and associated functionality.
- Improvement: Q3A shader commands previously processed on the CPU are now processed in vertex shaders on the GPU.
- Improvement: optimized shadowmaps and changed them to use orthographic projection.
- Improvement: added LOD support to shadowmaps (shadowmaps dynamically lower their resolution depending on the distance to the viewer).
- Improvement: optimized VRAM footprint on modern GPUs for maps and models using half-precision floats.
- Feature: added misc_video_speaker entity to steam synchronized samples from the nearby videomap shader with audio spatialization.
- Feature: added func_timer entity.
- Feature: added target_relay entity.
- Feature: added target_delay entity.
- Feature: new drawing commands: drawStringRepeat, drawStringRepeatConfigString
- Feature: added new set of font commands: setFontFamily, setSpecialFontFamily, setFontSize and setFontStyle.
- Feature: added #WEAP_INSTAGUN constant.
- Improvement: improved scoreboard sorting (thanks hettoo).
- Improvement: upgraded crosshair images to higher resolution (thanks adem).
- Feature: removed setFont command.
- Feature: removed %MATCH_TIME variable.
- Feature: TAB-completion of player names in chat box.
- Feature: added callvotes menu.
- Feature: added "Watch on TV" button to chasecam menu.
- Feature: Added Russian, Japanese, Fren?h, Polish, Chinese, Dutch, Spanish, Hungarian, German, Italian, Finnish localizations (language can be set manually with the “lang” console command).
- Bugfix: fixed rare crash in server browser menu.
- Feature: CTRL+MWHEEL up/down increases/decreases console font size.
- Feature: added TAB-completion for "demo", "cinematic", "exec", "whois" and "stats" commands (thanks hettoo).
- Feature: "imagelist" and "shaderlist" commands now accept glob pattern as an optional parameter.
- Feature: CTRL+R now does bash-style command history search.
- Feature: CTRL+C now works in Linux (thanks Kalhartt).
- Change: changed knockback from splash weapons from linear to quadratic and removed horizontal distance clamping.
- Change: changed riotgun pattern from spiral to a more traditional one, with wider horizontal spread.
- Feature: added cg_gun_alpha console variable to control gun opacity.
- Feature: picked up items now leave ghost trails in warmup mode.
- Feature: allow vote changing. The maximum number of changes is controlled with server console variable g_vote_maxchanges (thanks hettoo).
- Feature: added opcall "specstotv" which moves spectators to connected TV servers.
- Improvement: improved autojoin balancing (thanks hettoo).
- Improvement: optimized AI code.
- Improvement: default movement physics are now closer to old movement style
- Bugfix: map rotation now considers the current map too (thanks hettoo).
- Bugfix: maps were always missing one spawn indicator.
- Bugfix: walljumps had direction bias (more obvious on larger maps).
- Bugfix: removed silent bits from hit sounds (thanks adem).
- Feature: game modules are now C++ - compatible.
- Feature: AngelScript 2.28.1.
- Bugfix: fixed compilation with Clang.
- Improvement: map models (prefabs) are now bundled with SDK.
- Improvement: C-compatibility layer removed from Angelwrap library.
- Change: downgraded to libpng 1.2.