Sylpheed is een overzichtelijk en gebruikersvriendelijk e-mailprogramma dat werkt op verschillende besturingssystemen, zoals Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X en Windows. Het maakt gebruik van GTK+ voor de grafische interface en is beschikbaar onder de GPL. Voor een overzicht van de mogelijkheden van dit programma verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben de derde bètaversie van Sylpheed 2.3.0 uitgebracht met de volgende veranderingen:
Version 2.3.0 beta 3:
Version 2.3.0 beta 2:
- The change between folders became faster at GTK+ 2.10.x.
- The height of the statusbar was adjusted.
- The vertical padding of the folder view was reduced.
- The text insertion by the action was fixed again.
- The bug that the window was kept hidden from taskbar on popup with another process when the window was minimized to tray was fixed.
- Win32: The selection of the labels on the header view and the alert dialog are now visible.
- Win32: The application icon was modified.
- Win32: GTK+ was updated to 2.10.6, and OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8d.
- Win32: The network communication failure in some environments was fixed.
Version 2.3.0 beta 1:
- Messages marked as read or junk mails are now excluded from the numbers of new messages.
- Win32: GTK+ was updated to 2.10.4, and GLib was updated to 2.12.4.
- Win32: The crash that occurred when Desktop folder was selected on the file selection dialog was fixed.
- Win32: The bug that window position was reset when quitting Sylpheed while window was hidden was fixed.
- Win32: The handling of socket I/O was fixed.
- GtkStatusIcon is used for the tray icon if available.
- When GtkStatusIcon is used, the tray icon blinks for 5 seconds when new mails arrive.
- The option 'Minimize to tray icon' was added.
- The left click on the tray icon now only brings the main window in front.
- Win32: The tray icon was implemented.
- Win32: The included libraries (GLib, GTK+, Pango) were updated to the latest version. This introduces the following improvements:
- The performance of network communication at receiving and sending was improved.
- The appearance of the UI became more native-like.The scrolling speed of the summary view with cursor keys was improved.
- The broken display of the text view when it was partially hidden was fixed.
- The position of color labels menu in the search dialog is correct now.
- The problem that GTK+ strings became untranslated after the popup of context menu on GtkTextView was fixed.
- The crash that occurred on startup if a font with non-ascii name was specified for system font was fixed.