Sylpheed is een overzichtelijk e-mailprogramma dat werkt op verschillende besturingssystemen zoals Linux, Freebsd, Mac OS X en Windows. Het maakt gebruik van GTK+ voor de grafische interface en wordt uitgegeven onder de gpl-licentie. Voor een overzicht van de mogelijkheden van dit programma verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben enkele dagen geleden de tweede bètaversie van Sylpheed 2.6.0 uitgebracht met de volgende veranderingen sinds de vorige vermelding in de Meuktracker:
Version 2.6.0 beta 2:
Version 2.6.0 beta 1:
- The menu was added to the remote POP3 mailbox window.
- The sorting of remote POP3 mailbox was fixed.
- The remote POP3 mailbox button was added to the toolbar.
- The Japanese manual was updated.
- Warnings about --datarootdir on configure were removed.
- The remote POP3 mailbox feature which can view/download/delete messages on POP3 servers directly was added.
- Enchant (with GtkSpell 2.0.13) was supported.
- When creating filter rule automatically, the target header field is used as a default filter name now.
- The progress column was added to the progress dialog.
- The parser of IMAP4 was fixed.
- Unix: SIGHUP/SIGINT/SIGTERM/SIGQUIT signals are handled now.
- Win32: system shutdown event is also handled on debug mode now.
- New features:
- The vertical 3-paned view mode was added.
- The feature to save SSL peer certificate was added.
- The option 'Treat HTML only message as attachment' was added.
- The feature to confirm missing attachments was added.
- The feature to confirm recipients before sending was added.
- Feature improvements:
- To: header is also searched by quick search in Sent/Draft/Queue folders.
- 'Edit/Quick search' menu was added.
- Spaces in address and server entries on account preferences dialog are now automatically removed when applied.
- The compose window now remembers the maximized state.
- The focus will not move from the text view to the summary view with 'Next/Prev' keyboard operation now.
- The alert dialog is displayed now when PGP signing/encryption failed.
- The bug that caused busy loop when initial connection was immediately refused was fixed.
- The bug that the quote description dialog never appeared again after closing it with the close button was fixed.
- The new/unread status display on quick search filtered mode was fixed.
- The windres command will not be enabled on non-win32 platforms now.
- The address completion was fixed.
- Win32: --attach option was fixed.
- The sylpheed.desktop file was fixed.
- A crash bug was fixed.
- Content-Transfer-Encoding header with comments was supported.
- UTF-8 locale strings with suffix '.utf8' were supported.
- The 8KB restriction of template body size was removed.
- The encoding method of MIME headers is now determined by outgoing encoding rather than the value of MB_CUR_MAX.
- The memory leaks and warnings in LDAP search were fixed.
- The beep on folders with one message when using GTK+ 2.12 was removed.
- Win32: The crash that occurred when trying to display some TIFF files was fixed.
- Win32: Settings are now automatically saved on the shutdown of system.