Sylpheed is een overzichtelijk e-mailprogramma dat werkt op verschillende besturingssystemen, zoals Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X en Windows. Het maakt gebruik van GTK+ voor de grafische interface en is beschikbaar onder de GPL. Voor een overzicht van de mogelijkheden van dit programma verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 2.4.5 uitgebracht met de volgende veranderingen sinds de vorige vermelding in de meuktracker:
- The vulnerability that may be exploited by malicious POP3 server was fixed (SA26550).
- The potential crash bug in address completion was fixed.
- The signature separator '--' is not joined on line wrapping now.
- Win32: GLib and GTK+ was updated to the latest version.
- Win32: The focus problem when closing dialogs was fixed (GTK+).
- Reply and forward marks are appended after messages are actually sent.
- The feature to reply to attached message/rfc822 messages was added.
- When a folder is renamed, the path of junk folder is also updated.
- A workaround for the error which occurs with Gmail SMTP server was made.
- Win32: The bug that the name entry of creating or renaming an address book didn't accept key input was fixed.
- Win32: The bug that the renaming of folders didn't modify filter actions in some cases was fixed.
- The quick search entry is cleared when Escape key is pressed on it.
- UTF-8 with BOM is handled correctly when inserting signature.
- A possible crash when adding address from address book was fixed.
- Win32: Sylpheed now can be specified as a default mail program in Windows Vista.
- Win32: The stall of SMTP session when sending messages via dial-up connection was fixed.
- Win32: The infinite loop bug which occurred when PID of external editor was not obtained was fixed.
- Win32: The bug that dialogs which popup on auto-checking becoming invisible if the main window was minimized was fixed.
- Win32: GLib and GTK+ were updated to the latest version.
- Win32: Drop shadow was added to menus and tooltips in Windows XP.
[break]Sylpheed 2.4.5 is in de volgende smaken binnen te halen:
- The recursive download of remote folders was enabled.
- The quick search condition for each folder now persists between sessions.
- The selection now persists when the quick search condition is updated.
- SSL ports in Advanced tab of the account prefs dialog are now automatically set when SSL is enabled.
- The '--open' command line option which open messages in new window was added.
- Quoted-printable or base64 encoding is now forced on PGP/MIME signing instead of stripping trailing spaces (except for the case of ISO-2022-JP encoding).
- The quoted-pair in From header is now processed correctly when displaying its name.
- The performance of 'Mark all read' on IMAP folders was improved.
- The bug that the character '+' in address was treated as URI-escaped space was fixed.
- Unix: the problem that 'Get' and 'Get all' button could not be clicked after receiving while mouse pointer was over the buttons was fixed.
Patch van 2.4.4 naar 2.4.5