Sylpheed is een overzichtelijk e-mailprogramma dat werkt op verschillende besturingssystemen, zoals Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X en Windows. Het maakt gebruik van GTK+ voor de grafische interface en is beschikbaar onder de GPL. Voor een overzicht van de mogelijkheden van dit programma verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben alweer de achtste bčtaversie van Sylpheed 2.4.0 uitgebracht met de volgende veranderingen sinds de vorige vermelding in de meuktracker:
Version 2.4.0 beta 8:
Version 2.4.0 beta 7:
- In the address book, the import of CSV and Tab-separated text file was implemented.
- 'Within 1 day' and 'Recent 5 days' was added to the quick search rule.
- The toolbar style switch was added to the toolbar context menu.
- Stop button now cancels all sessions.
- The limitation of the nesting level of MIME structure was relaxed.
- A margin for text was added to the composition window.
- An error dialog is displayed if the execution of junk filter command fails.
- The overwrite confirmation of the file selection dialog was improved.
- ISO-8859-16 was supported in code conversion.
- Several UI problems in the address book were fixed.
- The stability of the cancellation of POP3/SMTP session was improved.
- The bug that the displayed number of message becoming incorrect on folder search was fixed.
Version 2.4.0 beta 6:
- In-Reply-To header was supported in mailto URL.
- Stop button was added to the main toolbar.
- An error message is displayed now when the decryption of PGP encrypted messages failed.
- Remote commands such as 'compose', 'receive' and 'send' are disabled when a modal dialog exists.
- Process termination is forced after the execution of finalizer routine.
- The behavior of 'Go to next unread' with changing folders was fixed.
- The sylpheed.desktop file was modified.
- Win32: A bug that the folder path separator was not processed correctly in some cases (fixes path information becoming incorrect on renaming subfolders).
- The bug in automatic IMAP4 filtering that messages which were not filtered were not counted as new ones was fixed.
- Win32: The workaroud for the redraw problem of GtkCList and GtkCTree in GTK+ 2.10.11 was made.
- Win32: The stall on rebuilding folder tree which appeared since GTK+ 2.10.11 was fixed.
- Win32: Environmental variable "LANGUAGE" was disabled (fixes incorrect language selection on some environments).