Snarfware heeft enkele dagen geleden versie 0.3.0 van Snarfer de deur uit gedaan. Met dit programma kunnen RSS-feeds worden gelezen en worden georganiseerd. Het programma is volgens de website geschikt voor Windows XP of hoger, maar werkt hoogstwaarschijnlijk ook onder oudere Windowsversies. Verder is het slechts 260KB groot en gratis te gebruiken. Het changelog van deze release ziet er als volgt uit:
- Added support for copying messages between feeds and folders by dragging or cut and paste.
- Added more details to the feed properties dialog including the ability to set the refresh frequency.
- OPML export now allows you to select which feeds to include in the export.
- OPML import now allows you to select a specific folder into which feeds will be imported.
- Added basic support for list feeds (Microsoft Simple List Extensions).
- Added support for multi-paged Atom feeds.
- Added support for binary content in Atom feeds (currently only images).
- When creating a new feed, the URL field is now automatically filled in from the clipboard.
- There is now an indication on the status bar to show when there is network activity.
- Right click on the root of the Message Folders tree now includes menu items to expand or collapse the folder tree.
- Right click on the root of the Message Folders tree also includes a menu item to refresh all feeds.
- Message URLs can be copied to the clipboard by right clicking on an item in the message list and selecting Copy.
- It's now possible to change the default font in the message view via a registry entry.
- It's also possible to change the look of the toolbar by providing a custom toolbar bitmap.
- Database table locking is now done less frequently for improved performance.
- Processing of content modes has been altered to accommodate broken 0.3 Atom feeds.
- Added support for RFC822 military time zones.
- Added support for alternate alphabets in Base64 decoding.
- Added support for supplementary planes in international URLs.
- Parsing of RFC850 email addresses has been improved.
- Whitespace parsing in HTML content has been improved.
- Sorting on Tag and Author columns has been optimized.
- Search results are now shown with most recent first (although still sorted by folder).
- When launched automatically at Windows startup, Snarfer now starts minimized.
- Confirmation dialogs now provide a checkbox to indicate that further confirmation requests should be suppressed.
- Contributor authors are now displayed in the message header.
- Messages with no author will now omit the Author field entirely from the message header.
- The default Mark As Read delay has changed from 1 to 4 seconds.
- When importing from OPML, if a folder already exists the two are merged rather than creating a duplicate.
- When updating a message, existing content should only be overwritten if the new content has a more recent date.
- Mixed feed- and entry-level authors in an Atom feed are now handled correctly.
- Fixed error which could occur if a connection was lost during a feed retrieval.
- Proxy changes in the Options dialog weren't always saved.
- Fixed handling of undeclared entity references in the XML parser.
- Script errors are now suppressed in the HTML viewer.
- Escaping of URL reserved characters has been improved.
- Handling of whitespace in RSS link elements has been improved.