Om RSS-feeds te kunnen lezen bestaan vele programma's. Snarfer is misschien een niet zo bekende, maar daarom zeker geen mindere. Onlangs is versie 0.6.0 uitgekomen en de download kan hier worden gevonden. Het programma is gratis in gebruik, maar er wordt wel een advertentie in de gebruikersinterface weergegeven. Ook handig om te weten is dat het .NET Framework nodig is om Snarfer te kunnen gebruiken. Het changelog van deze release laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
- Support for synchronizing feeds with the Bloglines online RSS reader.
- Keyword watch folders for filtering topics of interest.
- Style configuration in the preview window to customize message appearance.
- Local database search supports more advanced queries.
- Added a browser toolbar when viewing webpages internally.
- Simple one-click install when upgrading.
- Improved menu layout.
- Support for authenticated feeds in OPML exports.
- Faster importing of OPML files.
- Better responsiveness when opening feeds with large numbers of articles.
- Cut & Paste support for folders and messages.
- Improved HTML entity parsing for compatibility with Internet Explorer.
- Better rendering of badly formed HTML.
- Added local machine lockdown when viewing HTML for improved security.
- Same document references with no anchor are now treated as external links.
- Support for more label separators in international domain names.
- Translations now fall back to English if translated items are missing.
- Added support for RTL language translations.
- Removed socket peek operations for better HTTP performance.
- Added timeouts to HTTP operations to deal with servers that stop responding.
- Better support for mixed permanent/non-permanent HTTP redirects.
- Added support for single-use HTTP cookies.
- Better duplicate checking in Web Search feeds.
- Yahoo! Search has been removed from the Web Search plugin because of poor quality results.
- Fixed possible read/write deadlock in database.
- Folder tree resizing was failing under certain conditions.
- Links with fragment IDs weren't working properly when viewed in the preview window.
- Two browser windows were sometimes opened when IE7 was installed but wasn't the default browser.
- Links in the preview window weren't always being opened externally when they were supposed to be.
- Certain types of markup weren't being properly escaped in the preview window.
- Opening an external link while a message was still downloading would stop the download.
- Messages with blank links could become corrupted.
- Feeds with archiving disabled should not accept partial downloads.
- Preview window would sometimes reset to the summary view when browsing an external webpage.
- Sometimes the application would lose keyboard focus for no apparent reason.
- Craigslist search wasn't working properly with multiple keywords.