Sylpheed is een overzichtelijk en gebruikersvriendelijk e-mailprogramma dat werkt op verschillende besturingssystemen, zoals Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X en Windows. Het maakt gebruik van GTK+ voor de grafische interface en is beschikbaar onder de GPL. Voor een overzicht van de mogelijkheden van dit programma verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 2.2.3 in de stable-branch uitgebracht met de volgende veranderingen:
The support of metamail command on Unix version has been removed since this version. Sylpheed now recognizes mailcap file by itself. Alternatively you can specify any command by 'mime_command' option in sylpheedrc.
- The sorting of the result of the query search was enabled.
- The printing of messages now follows the state of 'Show all headers'.
- Relative path is allowed for signature files.
- The To, Cc, and Bcc button of the address book are now always enabled.
- The window position of the address book is now preserved.
- The toggle of the Cc entry on the composition window was enabled.
- The appearance of the address book was modified.
- Unix: The support of metamail command was removed, and it was replaced with the alternative implementation.
- Win32: libwimp.dll was updated, and the appearance of the UI was improved.
- Win32: zlib1.dll was updated.
- Win32: The application icon was updated.
- Win32: The unnecessary message catalog files were removed to reduce the archive size.
- The crash bug that occurred when trying to move IMAP4 folders right under the root folder was fixed.
- The crash bug that occurred after a message window was closed while the search dialog was still open was fixed.
- Win32: The console window is newly created if --debug or --help option is specified.
- Win32: The non-ASCII filename encoding problem on executing external commands was fixed.
- Win32: The bug that the main window became not responsive when an error occurred on automatic receiving while the window was minimized was fixed.
- Win32: Spanish translation was added for the installer.
- Win32: The installer was fixed so that it selects correct language on environments other than Japanese.
- GtkSpell is enabled on configure by default now.
- Spanish translation of the README file was added.
- The bug that account names with filename-unsafe characters couldn't be used was fixed.
- The crash bug that occurred if non-ascii newsgroup names appeared while getting newsgroup list was fixed.
- The performance problem of the quick search while the summary was sorted by thread date with descending order was fixed.
- Win32: The problem that the UI didn't respond occasionally when receiving messages was fixed.