REALbasic is een uitgebreide ontwikkelomgeving die geschikt is om allerlei applicaties te ontwikkelen, van kleine utilities tot grote bedrijfsapplicaties. Het pakket heeft een grote compatibiliteit met Visual Basic en bevat ook een applicatie om Visual Basic broncode om te zetten naar REALbasic. REAL Software heeft een nieuwe versie uitgegeven in het nieuwe jaar met het versienummer 2006 release 1. De aankondiging ziet er als volgt uit:
REAL Software, provider of cross-platform that really works, announced today that REALbasic 2006 Release 1 is shipping. This new product features enhanced compatibility with Visual Basic, simplified localization and improved reliability and stability.
"REALbasic 2006 Release 1 demonstrates our commitment to constant improvement at a rapid pace," stated Geoff Perlman, president and CEO of REAL Software. "This release improves reliability and provides crucial features requested by our customers. It also includes some key features for Visual Basic 6 users transitioning to REALbasic."
REALbasic 2006 includes the following new features:
Additional improvements to REALbasic 2006 include:
- Localization. New Lingua™ utility enables developers to provide translations for their REALbasic application in multiple languages without recompiling.
- IDE Scripting. REALbasic developers can automate repetitive tasks within REALbasic. This is especially useful for automating the build process. This capability also enables developers to compile REALbasic applications via the command line interface.
- Drag Events. REALbasic applications now expose more events while the mouse is being dragged. This enables developers to create more interactive user interfaces.
- Additional Datatypes. Nine new datatypes, including signed and unsigned integers up to 64 bits, provides greater compatibility with Visual Basic. This also allows integers greater than 2 billion to be stored.
- Enumerations. Enumerations offer developers an easy way to work with sets of related constants, including the ability to name a set of constants. Enumerations reduce developer errors and make code easier to read and maintain. Enumerations also make REALbasic more compatible with Visual Basic.
- Structures. REALbasic developers can now use structures to create user-defined types (also known as UDTs). These structures are useful for API calls or for working with third-party file formats and networking protocols. Structures also improve compatibility with Visual Basic.
[break]REALbasic 2006 release 1 is in de volgende smaken binnen te halen:
- Better Novell Linux Desktop support. REALbasic now provides improved user interface behavior for Novell Linux Desktop.
- Numerous Stability and Reliability improvements. REALbasic 2006 includes over 70 specific fixes to improve product stability and reliability. The complete list of additions, changes and improvements can be found in the release notes included with the REALbasic 2006 download.
Max OS X (32,9MB)
Novell Linux Desktop (24,9MB)
Red Hat Desktop (25,4MB)