REAL Studio is de nieuwe naam voor de ide REALbasic. Het is nog steeds een uitgebreide ontwikkelomgeving die geschikt is om allerlei applicaties te ontwikkelen, van kleine utilities tot grote bedrijfsapplicaties. Het pakket richt in eerste instantie op de programmeertaal REALbasic, maar is daarnaast compatibel met het bekende Visual Basic. Het bevat tevens een applicatie om Visual Basic-broncode om te zetten naar REALbasic. REAL Software heeft een nieuwe versie uitgegeven met 2010 release 5.1 als versieaanduiding. De lijst met veranderingen en de voorgaande aankondigingen zien er als volgt uit:
What's new in REAL Studio 2010 R5.1?
- 14014 RBScript: now works on PowerPC.
- 14461 The crash when calling FSpMakeFSRef has been fixed
- 14495 Native controls will render properly on Windows Safari. However, this has the side effect of disabling CSS transitions. This means that the WebAnimator will lose support for some effects on Windows Safari. The WebAnimator has methods to determine which features are supported, and have been updated accordingly.
- 14538 Mac: Drag & Drop no longer leak memory
- 14551 Carbon: no longer asserts in RealCoreGraphics.cpp(272).
- 14907 FastCGI applications will now correctly load dynamically-generated content, such as pictures.
- 14917 WebPopupMenu will properly retain the ListIndex property value while cloning controls.
- 15025 Splash screen no longer truncates messages
- 15027 The IDE does not persist in forcing an FCGI extension when building a stand alone app The default name will have it but you can remove it
- 15035 IDE: external text files dragged into your console/web project now compile for Linux/Windows
- 15046 Auto Adjust Tab Indexes now works for web apps
- 15050 Opening a page in a popup window will show scrollbars if necessary.
- 15082 Issues with adding a web key to an existing pro or personal license have been resolved.
- 15274 A NilObjectException in the IDE's FolderItemExtensions module has been fixed.
- 15318 The bug that caused the warning dialog to show saying a pro or studio license was required when compiling a web application using a database plugin has been fixed.
- 15384 Web projects on Windows no longer default to building for Mac OS X
- 14828 Web apps will default the built app name to one with an .FCGI extension and will add one if none is given in a name change
- 15338 The About box link has been updated
REAL Studio 2010 Release 5
- 15165 New LR built for 2010r5.1 from wiki sources
REAL Studio 2010 Release 4
REAL Studio 2010 Release 4 includes 86 improvements and 23 new features. The new functionality includes:
REAL Studio 2010 Release 3
- Improved Database Security: A new feature called Database Parameter Binding was added to improve REAL Studio’s database security by guarding against SQL injection attacks. This is possible because the backend database server can now check the SQL command before it executes it. Also, if a query is used several times the software recognizes the trend and speeds the development process because the database does not have to re-parse the query.
- SegmentedControl: A new control has been added to REAL Studio for changing modes or views where each segment represents a different state.
REAL Studio 2010 Release 3 includes 81 improvements and 25 new features. The new functionality includes:
REAL Studio 2010 Release 2
- LLVM for RBScript: RBScripts now run up to 17 times faster than in previous releases. Using LLVM for RBScript is the first step towards the adoption of LLVM for building applications in REAL Studio.
- Cocoa (Beta): The option to build for Cocoa is now available, but is at the beta stage. There are some new features for Cocoa builds, such as Pushbutton now has a ButtonStyle property that gives access to nine new styles of pushbuttons.
- Documentation: The REAL Studio documentation is now locally stored and the user can choose between viewing the local version or the online documentation, http://docs.realsoftware.com.
- Reporting Improvements: To make reporting easier, reports can now take a RecordSet directly to report upon.
- Database Improvements: ODBC and REALSQLDatabase queries and updates no longer block the other threads while they are executing. This allows users to make their user interface more responsive.
- Graphics Improvements: All of the graphics classes are now supported in Console applications. Also, pictures can now be copied to and from MemoryBlocks using a variety of picture file formats. Since memoryblocks can be transformed into strings, this allows the user to store pictures without having to write them to the disk first.
- XML Classes: The XML classes have been updated to use libxml2, a modern, well-maintained XML library.
REAL Studio 2010 Release 2 introduces 17 new features and 68 improvements. Improved database connectivity, reporting, ActiveX and IDE printing can be found in this release. Also flickering in Windows applications that occurred when several different types of controls were moved or resized, has been greatly reduced. Finally, this release adds more DLL placement options and a new TextEncoding feature that determines if a string is correctly encoded or not.
REAL Studio 2010 Release 1
REAL Studio 2010 Release 1 introduces a new name for the IDE (Integrated Development Environment), REAL Studio. The programming language will continue to be called REALbasic. REAL Studio is available in three editions: Personal Edition, Professional Edition and Enterprise Edition.
This release adds 46 improvements and 17 new features, including improved ActiveX support. Now, most ActiveX controls work and are much easier to work with. All events are supported and auto-complete has also been improved.
Also with this release, REAL Studio is now available in Korean.
Product documentation has been changed to a wiki format with this release. This change will enable us to offer improved and more up-to-date documentation, localize more quickly and allow for members of the community to contribute. The wiki documentation is still in beta and we will continue to offer the standard PDF documentation for this release only. Also, starting with this release printed documentation will no longer be sold from our website. The wiki documentation is available at http://docs.realsoftware.com.