De vierde release candidate van AlmostVPN 0.9 is sinds kort beschikbaar voor het Mac OS X-platform. Het programma is een Preference Panel om verschillende ssh-tunnels in te stellen en gebruikt launchd voor het aansturen van deze ssh-tunnels. Met de volgende aankondiging is het programma binnen te halen:
What is new since RC 3:
What was fixed since RC 3:
- Minor usability and GUI consistency improvements
What still does not work:
- All fixes released as RC 3.5 included into RC4
- Ticket #33 "" in passwords/passphrases does not work
- Ticket #32 passwords should be removed from Keychain when things they belong to gets deleted
- Ticket #36 Need to show version number somewhere on the front of the GUI
- You can not use more than one "Almost VPN" connection for given service at a time. What does it mean? You can configure 10 connections to different private e-mail servers, but you will be able to access only one of them at a time. On the other side, you can mount as many different volumes as you want as soon as they all come from the same server. This limitation will stay for recreational version of the product, but will be removed in professional version.
- "Almost VPN" connection for "Apple Remote Desktop" does not work. ARD support moved to "professional" version.