Resolume is een applicatie die speciaal is ontwikkeld voor live video performances. Ideaal voor VJ's die een live video performance neerzetten in een discotheek. Door gebruik te maken van verschillende toetsen op je keyboard of MIDI-apparaat kan je de beelden laten afwisselen, over elkaar afspelen of bewerken met verschillende effecten. Ondersteuning voor de meest gangbare beeldbestanden is aanwezig, zoals onder andere: avi, mov, mpg, swf, gif, jpg, bmp, en psd. Daarnaast kan ook een capture device zoals een camera, webcam of TV-tuner gebruikt worden. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 2.3 naar buiten gebracht met de volgende aankondiging:
We have just released Resolume version 2.3! We fixed a lot of bugs but also added features to make your live as a VJ a lot easier. You probably got bored with doing the screensetup everytime you got ready for a gig. Well so did we so now Resolume remembers the last applied screensetup so when you start Resolume it will try to load the last used screensetup. And you probably also got sick of first having to load some decks to get started. So did we so we added an option so you can assign what decks to load on startup.
We are not only here to make your life easier but also to make your visuals look better, fresher, more cutting edge, like stuff that you have never seen before. For this we invented the Feedback Source plugin. With this plugin you can apply feedback effects to your footage (which is really cool) but it can also be used to synthesize abstract motion graphics without the use of any pre-made footage! Checkout a video that we made and a tutorial to get the most out of this exciting new feature. (Feedback video - Feedback tutorial)
Thats all from us at the moment, enjoy!
Edwin & Bart
- we added a feedback source plugin, this plugin only works in resolume, not in other freeframe hosts
- we added some new effects and source plugins, a total of 34 homemade freeframe fx are available.
- implemented step value on endless controllers, that means that you can control how fast an endless increments or decrements.Especially handy when using endless controllers for framestepping.
- all midi controller functions have endless support, so it wil pick up change you might have made with your mouse or keyboard.
- frame step shortcuts are added, keys, midi note and frame stepper for endless controllers.
- load and save midi setups, in the preferences window on the midi general tab you can specify wich midi setup you want to use.
- Save different setups in xml files. This makes it easy to share and switch between midi setups.
- set up your decks wich you want to be loaded at startup, right click a deck tab to configure.
- last screen setup is saved, when starting resolume it will start in the last used setting, this works only when the number of connected display devices is the same as last time , otherwise resolume will use it's default settings.
- added flash medium quality setting
- flash fps is read from the header so is now correct and not set to a default of 12
- flash text speed, now you are able to set it slower then 1 fps.
- we implemented an audio device selector, select the device wich you want to use for audio analysis
- when an effect has a freeframe plugin as mixer (wet dry mix effect), this will be saved, before it was not.
- settings are now stored in XML-format. so it's easier to share settings and better backward's compatible.
- screen setup has been dramatically improved, running multiple monitors fullscreen is now possible. Running output on multiple montors has never been easier
- resolume sets the active directory in the the file browser on the last used on startup
- added midi note shortcuts for in and out points ( set,move and reset in-out points active layer)
- added midi note shortcuts for global effect up/down
- added midi note shortcuts for layer audio settings
- use the delete key to clear midi shortcuts (notes and controllers) in the preferences window
- vidnet system has been partly redesigned and works much more reliable now.
[break]De volgende twee downloads staan klaar:
- sometimes some capture devices failed to initialize, is fixed
- resolume crashes (dies) on certain machines when hitting the apply button in the screen-setup window, this has been fixed
- user param settings of freeframe fx in decks were not loaded correctly, only when right clicking a channel the saved values would be loaded
- right click on a effect param slider to restore it to it's default value, this was somehow disables in the last version, is active again
- Continue playmode en Bounce logical bug, http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1618 is fixed
- recorded files in resolume gave problems when opened in other software like Premiere or After Effects. We discovered that the first recorded frame was empty and fixed that. Should work better now.
- backgroundcolor selector now ignores the white borders, before the color picker would pcik up it's white borders and thus was hard to select certqain colors. The colorpickers behaviour is much better now.
- when switching to a channel that is paused it wouldn't show that clip directly, is fixed
- sometimes if you have more then eight drives not all will be shown, a maximum of eight drives was the limit,this number is increased to 20. If you have even more then 20 drives use the arrow keys to scroll down.
- some Bitmaps that people made for their own transitions and/or masks failed to open when starting resolume, this made resolume unusable, this has been fixed.
- if no audio device is present or if installed incrorrectly resolume will disable audio analysis. Before resolume did not initialise properly when no audio device was present.
- sometimes the interface sliders couldn't be moved fluently with the mouse, is fixed.
- when in screen setup the dropdownlist closed to quick to be able to work with it in a normal way. Was related with the slider bug listed above.
- recording resolution was not allways correct, it used the output resolution as the dimensions for the avi header info instead of the process resolution, this is fixed.
- some gif files we received from a user crashed resolume, if a gif cannot be opened it will be ignored but won't crash the application.
- when clearing a midi note/controller shortcut, the note was cleared from the list but was still active untill you assigned it to another function. This has been fixed
- sometimes an effect called 'Flash variables' would pop up in the effects list, this should not happen, is fixed
- when assigning the midi note shortcuts: move up / down active layer the preferences window would close, is fixed
- the window for choosing the directory in wich to store the files created during recording was still in resolume 1.5 style. This has been redesigned.
- midi bypass active effect slot shortcut activated the last effect assigned to that slot, though not active it would show it's controls. This has been fixed.
- if you switched decks while recording was still on resolume got confused. Now it's save to switch in between decks while recording.
- some white previews bugs are fixed, we don't know if all problems with this are solved, we don't seem to have these problems anymore.
- mouse was visible on output window, cursor is now hidden.
- freeframe mixer fx (multi input) are now allways rendered even if the fx is full on or off. this way the developer of the plugin can choose what to do when an fx is set to 0 or 100 percent
- freeframe mixer fx blend value was wrong way up
- some resolume freeframe plugins didn't show their param values correctlyy, is fixed
Resolume 2.3 met source footage