Raxco heeft zijn defragmenteerprogramma PerfectDisk bijgewerkt naar versie 7.0 build 42. Het programma is geschikt voor Windows 2000, XP en 2003, en reorganiseert de bestanden op de harde schijf op zo'n manier dat ze sneller toegankelijker worden. Dit resulteert in het sneller starten van programma's en het booten van de pc zelf. Hier onder staan alle veranderingen sinds versie 7.0 is uitgekomen:
What's new in PerfectDisk build 7.00.042
What's new in PerfectDisk build 7.00.040
- Clarified some of the boot-time defragmentation messages.
- Changed PerfectDisk's boot time defragmentation code to be consistent with changes made to check disk (chkdsk.exe) in Windows XP, Service Pack 2.
- Corrected a bug in the boot time defragmentation. PerfectDisk records the current time on shutdown and compares it to the system time at reboot. On Windows XP, Service Pack 2, the system time at reboot can be earlier then the system time at shutdown. Raxco was unaware that Microsoft was able to travel back in time.
- Some code segments were changed to be consistent with PerfectDisk Live.
What's new in PerfectDisk build 7.00.034
- Improved boot time defragmentation logging to assist in error detection.
- On certain computers, large amounts of "Skipping file" messages were logged during a defragmentation pass. PerfectDisk's defragmentation algorithm has been changed to minimize skipped files.
- When upgrading from PerfectDisk V6 to PerfectDisk V7, existing schedules might not upgrade correctly. This has been fixed.
- A new flag was added to the config.ini file to support setting schedule frequency on installation.
- Corrected a bug when using the config.ini file to create schedules on installation. The AllDrives flag was not correctly handled.
- When typing in a computer name to remotely connect, PerfectDisk incorrectly limited you to 13 character computer names. This has been changed to 15 characters. This is the NetBIOS limit for a computer name.
- Scheduled boot time defragmentation override flags were ignored. This has been fixed.
- Group Policy scheduled boot time defragmentation sometimes failed on NTFS drives. This has been fixed.
- PerfectDisk failed to run on dual CPU systems where the CPUs were different. This has been fixed.
- Certain sparse files were not defragmented on Win2003/XP. Depending on the file, PerfectDisk could go into an infinite loop, or just skip the file after many failed attempts. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when converting PerfectDisk 6.0 schedules to PerfectDisk 7.0 schedules during an upgrade. If the v6.0 schedule contained a drive which did not physically exist, the migration to v7.0 created an unusable schedule.
- Corrected some column resize issues in the GUI
- Corrected the recommendation for "Pagefile". Build 31 always displayed a yellow WARNING dot for the pagefile.
- Fixed bug where percent defragmented could exceed 100% on an empty drive.
Klik voor een grotere versie.