Inmatrix heeft een nieuwe beta van Zoom Player vrijgegeven uit de 4.00-branche, namelijk beta 3. Deze multimediaspeler speelt een groot aantal verschillende soorten multimediabestanden af, en biedt allerlei extra functies om het kijken van een film zo plezierig mogelijk te maken. Zoom Player is in twee smaken te krijgen, namelijk Zoom Player Standard en Zoom Player Professional. De eerstgenoemde is gratis en onbeperkt te gebruiken, maar mist een aantal functies die zijn professionele broer wel heeft. Het changelog is als volgt:
The Navigator Interfaces have been rewritten from scratch. Most of the functionality has remained the same, but the graphical elements have a clearer look and are now skinnable. Here are the usability changes:
The File Navigator
The Play List Navigator:
- Switching between the file and drive listing is now done using the left/right (directions switched).
- The right direction in the file navigator will go up a directory where possible.
- The current path is now always visible.
The Media Library Navigator:
- The design has changed entirely, the display is now split into three regions, the main play list, the current directory for the highlighted file and a mini file browser.
- When the Play List items are active, pressing the Left button will remove the currently highlighted item from the list.
- When using the Up/Down buttons within the Play List items, the file browser will automatically switch the current location of the highlighted file.
- The Right button switches between the Play List items and the File Browser.
- Pressing Enter in the file browser will add a highlighted file or enter a directory.
- Pressing the Left button in the file browser will add an entire directory or all the files in the directory if a file is highlighted
- Similar to the File Navigator design, the media categories are now visible on the left pane at all times.
- The Right/Left buttons always switch between categories and the active category is highlighted on the left pane.
- Double clicking on the file name area will now switch between Audio mode and DVD Mode.
- New Setting (Advanced Options / Control Bar / Settings) allowing you to limit the control bar so that it only shows up on mouse movement when in fullscreen mode.
- Two new skin variables "tLineFontHeight" and "cBarFontHeight" which are superseding "tLineFontSize" and "cBarFontSize" which were ill suited for Large Fonts. Support for the older variable remains to keep compatibility with old fonts.
- Zoom Player can now associate and play CellPhone 3GPP (.3GP) s263 video files (Must have QuickTime installed for it to play).
- You can now associate the OptimFROG (.OFR) extension and play OptimFROG files once you the decoder installed. OptimFROG is yet another lossless audio compression format (in the nature of APE and FLAC). You can get the OptimFROG decoder here: http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/optimfrog.shtml
- Audio DSP should take less CPU power, especially under SSE/SSE2 capable processors.
- The playback from archive formats now has a checkbox which allows you to select whether the file extension should be looked at to determine if the file is an archive, or if the whole file name should be evaluated (in a case where the file name might actually contain the string, such as "my_music_albw.mp3" or "audio.zip.mp3").
- The Segment Matching Code has been enhanced to support "<li>" masking. This new method only works when used at the end of the mask. For example, a mask of "x??.<li>" would match the following:
And so forth ...
- SHOUTcast Playback should now be more reliable, Zoom Player will now try the alternate servers if one fails to connect.
- The "System" Options dialog entry has been replaced with a "Formats" entry. The content of the previous "System" dialog has been moved to the "System Overview" tab within the new "Formats" section. Another tab on the formats section now contains a list of detected missing playback components with links to where you can download and get more information about each component/format.
- Zoom Player can now detect if Flash or QuickTime is missing and inform you on the "Missing Formats" page.
- New "function" parameter on the "DrawExText" skinning function allowing you to specify a double-click function for text labels.
- If Windows Animation is enabled (in windows), Zoom Player will no longer animate the window when going fullscreen or when minimizing as it's not very elegant.
- Vowel decimation is now used to ensure ID3 display fits within the display area.
- The Resize Navigator now displays the current Video Aspect Ratio.
- You can now select the Custom Mouse Wheel function from a list instead of manually typing it in.
- Extracting from archive didn't work for unicode archive names.
- Using Zoom Player to execute external files could cause certain Zoom Player features to stop responding.
- The Control Bar and TimeLine fonts should now appear properly when Windows is set to 120dpi Large Fonts.