DC++ is een programma gebasseerd op het Direct Connect protocol en wordt ontwikkeld in de programmeertaal C++. Het delen van bestanden met andere gebruikers van het Direct Connect netwerk is de gedachte van het programma dat geheel open-source is en zonder advertenties die worden getoond. Voor een lijst van de features kan je deze pagina bekijken. Het changelog van versie 0.25 ziet er als volgt uit:
ADLSearch: (by Henrik Engström)
- Implemented a faster substring search algorithm for share and file listing searches (the QuickSearch variant of the Boyer-Moore)
- User commands now work from search as well
- Fixed a major bug where queue items without sources were not loaded from disk on restart
- Fixed slow favorites opening / excessive saving (thanks todd pederzani)
- Large speedup in file listing search (QuickSearch + unnecessary processing added earlier removed)
- Added selection size info to queue frame (same as file listing)
- Fixed some crashes when closing windows (and perhaps added some new ones...)
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Context menu (back again).
- Removed 'Active' column and made it a check box.
- Unified button texts to the rest of DC++.
- Fixed bug with multiple destination directories, some search results only ended up in the first of multiples.
- Memory savings for users with many files in share
- Hyperthreading / multicpu users, try again and report back if it works
- Fixed %[hub] in upload log
- Some code cleanup
- Fix for buggy HTTP servers sending Content-Length with wrong case (thanks sandos)
- Added link to change log in help menu (thanks todd)
- Fixed link to faq (thanks todd)
- Fixed public hub list mouse clicks and reopening (thanks todd)
- Fixed so that "3/4 users offline" can be translated to polish
- Fixed tabbing in search frame
- Added option for not downloading zero-byte files
- Added handling for dchub:// in main chat (opens the hub)
- Fixed a bug with strange nicks causing problems with file list opening
- Fixed a bug with orphaned file lists
- Fixed a bug with socks5 password length (thanks dwomac)
- Double-clicking text selects the word (as in old versions, thanks todd pederzani)
- Directories are no longer returned for "at least" searches with bytes > 0 (i e directory size is assumed 0)
- Fixed another issue with accesses to invalid drive letters (thanks sarf)
- Holding shift during startup (when the main window shows) will disable autoconnecting to hubs
- Fixed user description saving and updating (thanks todd)
- Large files are now moved in a separate thread to avoid losing connection while moving (if using temporary download dir)