Florian Heidenreich heeft versie 2.83 van Mp3tag uitgebracht. Met dit programma kunnen de metatags van de meest gangbare muziekformaten worden aangepast. Ondersteuning is aanwezig voor ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, mp4, wma, Vorbis-comments en Ape-tags. Verder kunnen de bestandsnamen aan de hand van die tags worden aangepast en kunnen playlists worden gegenereerd. In deze uitgave zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
- Added MP4 column to tag-field mappings overview table in documentation.
- Added Discogs Release ID tag source to directly search by Discogs Release ID.
- Added support for ISRC field in cue sheets. (#12046)
- Added support for stripping Nero-style chapter information from MP4 files via context-menu in the file list.
- Added support for detecting Nero-style MP4 tags and reporting via %_tag% if present.
- Added option to restrict action-based cover export to certain cover type. (#22567)
- Removed Amazon tag sources after Amazon.com invalidated Mp3tag's web services account.
- Discogs tag source name is now correctly capitalized.
- Main performer from cue sheet is now mapped to ALBUMARTIST (instead of ALBUM ARTIST). (#12046)
- Special characters in main performer from cue sheet were not correctly converted when writing. (#12046)
- Cue sheets that started with a different track number than 1 were not read. (#12046)
- Checkboxes at dialog for cover export were not labeled correctly (since 2.82b).
- Tags saved to wrong file when auto-save was enabled and column-click in file list changed the file order. (#22571)
- Discogs Web Source had problems with certain artists which resulted in obsolete comma after artist name. (#21603, #22494)
- Sort arrow was incorrectly shown for next column after adding or removing a column left from the sort column. (#15855, #20154)
- Added detection of non-iTunes custom tags which are now kept unmodified during rewrites.
- Encoding of cover art for Opus did not always include Base64 padding (which was problematic for some players).
- Runtime error at Export if loop limit exceeded actual export result set size. (#20595, #22557)
- Possible index overflow at $substr() scripting function.
- Updated Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Polish and Turkish language files.
- Added Indonesian language file.