Corel heeft versie 20.5 van zijn archiveringsprogramma WinZip uitgebracht. WinZip was vroeger een veel gezien programma op de pc, maar met de ingebakken zip-ondersteuning in Windows en concurrentie van programma's als WinRAR en 7-Zip is de populariteit al een tijdje tanende. Het programma is in twee verschillende versies te krijgen, namelijk Standard en Pro. De onderlinge verschillen worden op deze pagina helder uit de doeken gedaan. De belangrijkste verbeteringen in versie 20.5 kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
Enhanced! Zip files from any location
Easily find your most-used files and folders on your PC, network and clouds in Frequent Folders, which updates dynamically.
New! Easier unzipping
Use the super picker to easily unzip locally or to the cloud.
New! More sharing options
WinZip 20.5 expands its sharing options, so you can share directly to YouTube, along with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Expanded instant message support means you can share via Twitter IM, and Office 365 groups, in addition to Google Talk/Google+ Hangouts, Yahoo! Messenger and Jabber. Combining WinZip's legendary compression and encryption with the ease of instant messaging gives you high-speed sharing without compromising security.
New! Scan and Share
Quickly turn a photo or document into a share-ready image or PDF with the new WinZip Scan and Share feature. Start your scan right from WinZip. Then WinZip can zip it and save it locally, on the network or on a cloud service. Or share it by email, social media or instant message—encrypt if you wish to protect your scanned information when sharing. Easily share photos, documents, receipts and more. New support for flatbed scanners means you can scan multiple images into a single PDF without using a document feeder. Pro and Enterprise only
New! Snap and Share
Streamline photo sharing by quickly getting photos directly from your camera to share via WinZip. Pro and Enterprise only
New! More robust file management
WinZip 20.5 takes file management further with several new features available via the new WinZip File Management ribbon.
Enhanced! File Manager
- Create new folders on your PC, network or cloud service
- Securely delete files and folders with the new Wipe feature
- Restore accidentally deleted, copied, moved or renamed files
- Open a file from the cloud in the correct application, make changes and WinZip will update it on the cloud for you
- Open and edit a file with the default application—or open a file in an alternate application
- View property information for files and folders
- Map a folder or network location to a drive
- Copy, move, delete and multi-rename files wherever they are
- Copy a path to the clipboard; copy a cloud link to the clipboard
New! Background tools
- Quickly access the most-used file management tools with the new Manage Files button
- Choose new Table view to optimize your display for mouse/keyboard or select Icon view to optimize for touchscreens
- Pin your favorite folders to the top level in the File Pane or super picker for easier access
- Open WinZip Express from the File Pane for quick zipping and sharing
- View file details with the new Properties feature
- Access cameras and phones attached to your computer via folders
- Easily remove a folder from the Frequent Folders list
- Choose to always show scrollbars when using WinZip on your desktop
Regain space on your system and securely store or delete files with new background tools that remind you about:
- Old files in Documents, Downloads and Pictures folders that can be zipped, deleted or moved to the cloud
- Unused files in Temp folders that can be removed and securely wiped
- Files in the Recycle Bin that can be deleted, securely wiped or restored
The Actions Pane now displays thumbnail previews of a selected file in your zip, on the computer or the network—and for any of your cloud services that support thumbnails. Click on the expand icon in the thumbnail to see a larger image in the new Preview Pane. Preview the contents of images and documents, rotate and resize images, save images as your computer background, and share the previewed file by email, IM or social media. (Requires Windows Explorer Preview technology). Now you can scroll through files in the Previewer with the flick of a finger on touch displays. Pro and Enterprise only
New! Job Wizard Super Picker
Now your backups can include files from almost anywhere and now you can simply drag and drop them from Explorer or the WinZip File pane into the Job Wizard for backup. Combine files from your computer folders, the network and cloud services in one backup. Save the resulting zip to the cloud if you wish. Automate back up and distribution by creating a job that gathers files from various cloud services, zips them and distributes the zip via email according to your schedule. Pro and Enterprise only