Het veel gebruikte programma NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) heeft na een lange tijd van stilte na beta 0 dan toch eindelijk beta 1 van NSIS 2 mogen verwelkomen. Hiermee kan je een installatie programma maken om je eigen software makkelijk te laten installeren. De release notes laat ons het volgende weten:
The second beta version of NSIS 2, the new version of the popular win32 installer/uninstaller system is ready.
NSIS 2 supports highly customized user interfaces, multiple languages, easy usage of plugins and more. And it's still the smallest win32 installer available, with an overhead of only 34 KB.
The most important changes in Beta 1 are user interface improvements in both the Classic and the Modern UI, language strings that can be used everywhere, support for include directories, validation of file and folder names and a new version of InstallOptions, which makes creating custom pages even easier.
Also a lot of bugs have been fixed. Not only the new features introduced in Beta 0 are more stable now, but also older NSIS 1.x bugs are gone![break]Het changelog ziet er als volgt uit:[/break]
- User interface improvements: better order/grouping of controls, button selection problems fixed, added minimize box, transparent BrandingText
- LangString improvements: can be used before they have been defined, warning if not present in all language tables
- New version of the Modern User Interface with UI improvements, bugfixes and some small new features
- InstallOptions 2.0 with support for custom font and DPI settings, groupboxes, grouped controls, lots of bugfixes etc.
- No more random compression ratios
- SetOutPath now sets the working directory
- File names are validated, directory given by the user will now always work
- $QUICKLAUNCH now works with SetShellVarContext all
- Automatically appended directory name in the directory selection dialog will no longer contain squares if not all characters are ASCII.
- Fixed a bug with remote drives and available space (\\remote\drive)
- Plug-in function's names are now case insensitive
- Fixed a bug with specifying Icon twice
- Include dirs (!addincludedir)
- On leave function for pages
- Installers can now really contain more than one branding image
- All !if/!else/!endif problems should be solved now
- SetFont "MS Shell Dlg" adds the DS_SHELLFONT style
- Win9x rename on reboot now also works when the destination file does not exist
- DeleteRegKey works on default value
- nsExec can be called from an installer executed by CreateProcess
- WriteUninstaller sets error code
- Banner.dll compatible with Modern UI
- Fixed focus problems in MakeNSISw
- Updated and new translations
- Some new bitmaps for the MUI by Virtlink
- Faster and better MakeNSISw integration
- New .NET Framework detection function in the useful functions appendix
- Minor bugfixes
- Code clean-ups (compiles on VC7)