Versie 4.010 van Data Crow is verschenen. Dit catalogusprogramma kan orde scheppen in de chaos van zo'n beetje elke verzameling, of het nu om boeken, cd's, dvd's, foto's of mediabestanden gaat. Waar mogelijk wordt allerlei relevante en aanvullende informatie van internet gehaald, zoals bij IMDb, Amazon of Bol.com.
Het programma is opensource en in java geschreven, en het is dan ook eenvoudig om aanpassingen in het uiterlijk of de functionaliteit te doen. Sinds versie 4.0 bestaat het programma uit een aparte server- en cliëntapplicatie. Sinds versie 4.0.7 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
Data Crow 4.0.10Fixed
- Fixed an upgrade issues for the Audio CD and Music Album merge. The error occurred in case online services were never used and the columns SERVICE and SERVICEURL were therefore missing.
- Fixed an upgrade issue for the Audio CD and and Music Album merge. The error occurred in case the new tables already exists due to a faulty earlier upgrade or because the user installed version 4.0 on top of version 3.12.5. Now, Data Crow will delete empty tables required for the new Music Album module. If they contain records, the upgrade will fail.
- The module wizard did not handle special characters correctly.
- Tabs containing special characters were not stored and retrieved correctly.
Data Crow 4.0.9Fixed
- Problem resolved for report creation; report not created. Was reported fixed in version 4.0.8 but was still failing for some. The functionality has been tested and has been confirmed to solve the issue.
- After a module has been created and a field has been marked as descriptive the view still shows empty labels.
- The upgrade will now silently copy missing reports and translations to the user folder. Existing files will no longer be overwritten.
- Added additional report types; Word Document (DOCX), Excel Document (XLSX), Excel Document 97-2003 (XLS).
- Added titles to the various message and question boxes.
- Added nicer descriptions for the report types.
- Added various tool tips for the define field dialog (create module wizard).
Data Crow 4.0.8Fixed
- GUID (internal ID) shown for Contact Person in the loan history of the Loan Information panel.
- Problem resolved for report creation. This was an old issue which was hard to simulate. An additional check has been added to check whether the file is accessible.
- Not all fields can be added to the Item Report.
- _Persist fields could be selected for the Quick View.
- Server didn't have the library jacksum added to the class path which caused failures for file hashing.
- The item exported now ignores system fields. Additionally the importer now only tries to match an item on import by ID in case the match and merge option has been checked.
- The Create Report manual has been updated.
Data Crow 4.0.7New
- The old reporting engine has been removed. This version now features full support for Jasper Reports (http://community.jaspersoft.com/project/jaspersoft-studio). The main benefits of this switch is that it is no longer required to created separate reports (XLST scripting files) for PDF and HTML reports. The reports of JasperReports can be saved as PDF, RTF and HTML. Additionally you can use the free Jaspersoft Studio Software to create reports, graphically. This brings a lot more power to the reporting capabilities of Data Crow. Data Crow generates the reports on the exported XML files.
- Apache Fop and Avalon Framework (discontinued) have been dropped from this release.
- Icons for message and question boxes have been changed, making use of Java 7 features.
- Error on startup when the images were supposed to be migrated to the new location.
- NullPointerException when importing files which already are registered in the system.
- Fixed an issue with saving child items.
- Removed defective library which caused image import errors.
- Item Importer bug has been fixed which could cause field values not to be imported correctly.
- Still some numbering inconsistencies for music tracks.