Versies 3.12 en 3.12.1 van Data Crow zijn een dag na elkaar uitgekomen. Dit catalogusprogramma kan orde scheppen in de chaos van zo'n beetje elke verzameling, of het nu om boeken, cd's, dvd's, foto's of muziekbestanden gaat. Waar mogelijk wordt allerlei relevante en aanvullende informatie van het internet gehaald, zoals bij IMDB, Amazon of Bol.com. Het programma is opensource en in Java geschreven, en het is dan ook eenvoudig om aanpassingen in het uiterlijk of de functionaliteit te maken. Sinds 3.11.1 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
Data Crow version 3.12.1A minor release to include additional changes and new functionality. Much needed fixes for the references fields have finally been included.
- Icons for containers not shown in trees, fields and in the quick view.
- Icon for modules disappears in the Media module.
- Error loading setting if value is erroneously empty.
- Merging property items will now also update the "alternative names" field, merging items returned from online searches, etc., automatically.
- In the past, due to performance issues, I had refrained from updating trees in case a property was changed. This has now been fully implemented; changing an icon will immediately be reflected on trees, multi-reference views and the quick view panel.
- Added quick filter to the related items and fixed the sorting.
- Added quick filter for the items tab of containers. Sorting cannot be fixed just yet.
- Several minor layout changes (button alignment) such as for the tool select wizard and the update all dialog.
- Added a right-click option for the related items tab of the item form to remove the selected items as a reference.
Data Crow version 3.12Poor version 3.11. It only took a couple of days and then it got replaced by version 3.12. This really is for the most part a cosmetic edition. I have changed the layout a bit further. This is also a preparation for the web GUI since I want to keep the layout for both the same, for as far as possible. Due to the list of changes made and the addition of new functionality I have decided to release this as a normal version instead of a minor version.
- The property items overview (found in the Administration menu) gained a new tool: delete unassigned items. This will remove all properties not assigned to any other item For example a category not used in software items will be removed.
- Another new tool for the properties module is the merge functionality. Having many categories (for example) which actually have the same meaning? Merge them all into one property. All references to the properties will be corrected (without duplication, of course).
- The Resource Editor now has find and replace functionality.
- The screen is now much cleaner and it makes the application look simpler.
- The file associations setting now also allows parameters to be defined.
- New items tab has been removed.
- Online Search will now directly save the item instead of adding the item to the "new" tab.
- Chart tab has been removed. You can open the new charts dialog from the tools menu as well as from the tool bar.
- Create Multiple Items tool has been added (as a replacement for the new items tab).
- Item importer will open the new items dialog to lists the imported items before saving them.
- The module bar has been changed. Labels have been removed. Additionally the select module section has been improved. Selecting a sub module will highlight it on the main module panel.
- Improved startup time by building forms on demand instead of on startup (where possible)
- 4.9 seconds on an almost empty database in 3.12 against 6.0 seconds on the same database with version 3.11.1.
- ISBNdb.com has been changed and the information is of limited use now to Data Crow. This service has been disabled.
- Help has been updated to reflect all of the above (press F1 once in a while just for the sake of using it).
- The Find and Replace utility now also allows you to change one reference with another.
- Update all now refreshed the overview after updating the items (instead of updating one by one).
- On startup Data Crow tried to modify files in the installation folder, causing problems for Windows platforms. Data Crow can now be launched without administrator permissions.
- Applying settings such as the language change was only properly applied after a restart.
- Sort order of persons has been fixed (always sorts on complete name now, takes care of rewritten names).
- Screen parts resized ever so slightly and ever so annoyingly.
- Could not really tell which module was selected.
- Fix for launching files from the Quick View Panel.
- Column order for tables not correctly applied.