Apple heeft een update geplaatst voor Mac OS X. Deze update voorziet Jaguar van versie 10.2.2 en is te verkrijgen in twee smaken: van 10.2.1 naar 10.2.2 en van 10.2 naar 10.2.2. Het changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
Digital Hub and Peripheral Device Enhancements:
Networking and Modem Enhancements:
- Improves playback of large media files and peripheral device file copying.
- Resolves a rare situation in which an inadvertently-ejected CD does not become available to the file system when reinserted and applications that accessed the disc cannot be quit.
- Addresses an issue in which an enhanced CD's data and audio sessions do not appear as expected on the desktop when using iTunes and inserting the disc more than once.
- Addresses a formatting issue that could occur when printing or previewing some TIFF documents.
- Addresses an issue in which ColorSync settings for some third-party displays are not retained after restarting or logging out.
- Addresses an issue when printing more than one copy of a file to a postscript printer from Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
- Improves compatibility with HP 4MV printers when printing over an Ethernet network.
- Includes drivers for additional third-party disc burners, including: LaCie d2 48x24x48x, Sony CRX-820E, Toshiba SD-R2212 and SD-R1202, Pioneer DVR-105, and Yamaha CDW-F1 44x24x44x models.
Address Book and Mail Enhancements:
- Windows File Sharing (SMB) shared volumes may now be browsed by their user-assigned name.
- Resolves an issue in which an incorrect "Change Password Failed" alert may appear when changing a Mac OS X 10.2 Server client's password via AFP.
- Addresses an issue in which some internal Apple modems may fail to respond, displaying a "Could not open the communication device" alert.
- Addresses an issue in which no sound is produced by some internal Apple modems until several seconds after making a connection.
- Resolves an issue in which some internal Apple modems fail to respond when connecting to the Internet.
- Alerts and warnings no longer appear when you cancel a connection to your iDisk in the connection dialog.
- Addresses a startup issue that could occur if an LDAP server designated in Directory Access is not available.
- Addresses a data loss issue that could occur when copying a file whose filename ends with "#02," or other hexadecimal number, via AFP.
- Available disk space on an iDisk is updated more quickly after deleting files.
- Addresses an issue in which an iDisk would appear with an inaccurate 1 GB capacity and 1023 MB available.
- Addresses some issues that could cause a "error -36" alert when copying files to an iDisk.
- Resolves an issue in which Address Book could become unresponsive when using the Large Type menu and switching between applications.
- Address Book can now better import groups from prior versions of Address Book.
- Resolves a potential issue when transferring vCards from Address Book to a mobile phone via Bluetooth.
- Allows address information to be imported when dragging vCards to Address Book that were created with Address Book from any version of Mac OS X 10.1.
- Corrects Address Book address format for Australian entries.
- Improves responsiveness when switching in and out of edit mode in the Address Book.
- Address Book entries without a name included now appear in the All group list with the email address as the name, instead of "
- Addresses the rare issue in which Mail may unexpectedly quit when replying to a message.
- Improves the responsiveness of the Mail application's date column and thread highlighting feature.
- Improves the reliability of transitioning a Mac OS X 10.1.5 Address Book.addressbook to an Address Book for Mac OS X 10.2 format.
- Improves compatibility for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations that use animations.
- Addresses a potential Disk Copy volume imaging permissions issue that could affect non-Admin users.
- Improves updating of applications installed with Mac OS X, updating them only if they have not been relocated or deleted.
- Addresses a display issue that may occur when Command-clicking a URL in some third-party applications, including BBEdit and Mailsmith.
- Addresses a situation in which the menu bar and Dock are not shown until you click the desktop is clicked after quitting a third-party game application.
- Addresses an issue in which some PDF files created with Mac OS X do not open as expected with Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.
- Reduces occurrences of "missing text" when browsing some webpages.
- Improves compatibility for FAXstf when a fax is being sent while the computer is restarted, shut down, or entering sleep mode.
- Improves security when using a read-write disk image volume in which "Ignore ownership on this volume" has been deselected.
- Addresses an issue in which Software Update notifications are turned off when upgrading from Mac OS X 10.1 to Mac OS X 10.2.
- Addresses an issue in which, after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.2, an unexpected value in a user's com.apple.LaunchServices.plist file could prevent proper startup.
- Addresses a potential kernel panic situation when using three video cards and more than 512 MB of RAM.
- Addresses a potential issue in which an unauthorized user could log in as a deleted user.
- Improves the Find function of the Finder by no longer finding items in invisible folders.
- Reduces the time required for switching between Sherlock channels when using a low-bandwidth connection
- Sherlock channels may now be saved as a file.
- Allows automatic login to work as expected following an Archive and Install.
- Improves time needed to wake some portable computers.
- Addresses a potential loss of video when waking some PowerBook computers from sleep after using DVD Player.
- Addresses a potential issue in which the computer does not respond when quitting DVD Player on some portable computers.
- Includes Apache version 1.3.27.
- Addresses a potential security issue in which access to system daemons could be blocked when RFC-based services are enabled.