D7 is een programma dat kan worden gebruikt voor het verhelpen van allerhande problemen in Windows, het verwijderen van malware en het maken van een backup van persoonlijke bestanden en instellingen. Het programma maakt gebruik van zelfontwikkelde oplossingen en leunt verder op diverse externe tooltjes, die ook in de Meuktracker regelmatig voorbijkomen, zoals HitmanPro, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, HijackThis en de tooltjes van Piriform. D7 is echter een krachtige tool, die ook een hoop schade kan aanrichten en is daarom vooral bedoeld voor de ervaren pc-techneut. Het programma is nog volop in ontwikkeling en moet als bètamateriaal worden beschouwd. Sinds de vorige vermelding in de Meuktracker zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
Changes in version 6.1.0
Changes in version 6.0.7
- DataPut now creates new user accounts and logs in to each one automatically to properly create the user profile before data restoration.
- DataGrab now backs up Chrome Profiles.
- Delete Temporary Internet Files functions now include Firefox and Chrome cache!
- Fixed an issue with unnecessary skip/cancel prompts while DataPut is transferring XP data to a Vista/7 system.
- Fixed an issue where DataGrab doesn't backup Firefox profiles to the right directory.
- Fixed Custom Apps labels on Maint2 tab not refreshing with their configured names.
- Fixed issue where D7 crashed while closing down before relaunching with SYSTEM access.
Changes in version 6.0.4
- When a registered copy of D7 sends an email, it now appends your custom application name in the "Sent by" tag instead of reading "Sent by D7"
- DataPut now automatically creates new users that don't exist before restoring data. (Note user accounts must be logged in prior to data restore.)
- DataPut now warns you and will not restore data if all new user accounts have not been logged in.
Changes in version 5.9.29
- Added 5 Custom Apps slots to the Maint2 tab.
- Introducing the DataPut tab, to restore data backed up with DataGrab!
- DataPut restores email account settings and email files - no need to set up accounts or re-import mail on a fresh install! (Separate Mail option on DataGrab tab must NOT be checked for DataPut to re-import mail.)
Changes in version 5.9.28
- Fixed an issue with screen captures not saving the entire screen.
Changes in version 5.9.27
- DataGrab now backs up User's Quicklaunch, custom User Account Pictures, and %systemroot%\web\Wallpapers.
- DataGrab now creates .REG exports of each user's Explorer/Desktop settings, screen saver settings, and recently typed paths.
Changes in version 5.9.25
- Added User Account and Shared Folder Backup/Restore functionality to DataGrab to go along with the Backup/Restore of Share/NTFS Permissions.
Changes in version 5.9.24
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY: DataGrab > Backup/Restore Permissions - uses subinacl.exe to backup and restore all share level and/or NTFS file system permissions from the shares and/or directories selected.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Directory was only saving the first entry (multiple times.)
Changes in version 5.9.23
- Attempted to fix a rare unzip issue on x64 based OSes.
Changes in version 5.9.22
- Added an optional prompt for email subject modification in D7 emails. Enable in D7 Config > Email Config. This is a GLOBAL setting.
- D7 Auto Maintenance email on completion now utilizes client name in the email subject (if you have configured D7 to prompt for a client name on each new PC in Config > Reports.)
Changes in version 5.9.21
- Added a Phone Directory to the Help menu for storing frequently used phone numbers.
- Added the ActionLanguage.INI file to fresh downloads of D7 - although it was being created while updating D7, it was missing from a fresh download and as a result the Activity Log wasn't being populated when enabled.
Changes in version 5.9.19
- Added disk space freed up to Activity Log after delete functions on Maintenance tab or D7 Auto completes the Maintenance routine.
Changes in version 5.9.18
- Attempt to fix an occasional update issue on x64 based systems.
- D7 is now signed "Foolish IT LLC" as the publisher, instead of my name.
Changes in version 5.9.17
- D7 Auto (Maintenance tab) Generate Reports feature now allows to generate Nirsoft reports automatically as well. Visit reports in D7 Config to enable.
- D7 now remembers which Nirsoft report options you check, for future usage and for D7 Auto (Maintenance tab) Nirsoft reports generation.
Changes in version 5.9.16
- Added WebBrowserPassView from Nirsoft.net to the Nirsoft reporting options.
Changes in version 5.9.15
- Added new config option for copying custom apps reports.
Changes in version 5.9.14
- Corrected missing config option.
Changes in version 5.9.13
- Added ability to copy/move reports from your custom apps after completion.
Changes in version 5.9.12
- Added ability to append the \%date% to the dir structure when automatically saving reports locally - useful for those PCs you're working on more than once ;)
- Added ability to store reports within the D7 directory either by \%date%\%name% or by \%name% only (%name% is either %computername% or Client Name depending on how you have it configured.)
Changes in version 5.9.11
- Consolidated Info & Malware report windows with screen capture to make a nice reporting interface for all functions with email features.
- Generate Reports during D7 Auto now skips the reporting pop-up Window.
- Misc reports tweaking.
Changes in version 5.9.10
- Updated Malware Report window (click on "Reports" on the Malware tab) to display/email all malware logs collected by various apps, not just D7's MalwareScan.
- Malware log files collected are now stored in your configured reports directory \Malware Logs to quickly separate them from Info / Nirsoft reports.
Changes in version 5.9.9
- D7 now attempts to move the MBAM logs to its configured report dir after a scan.
- D7 now stores the HitmanPro report in the configured report dir.
- D7 now copies ComboFix.txt to its configured report dir (if one is found at the end of D7 Auto Malware)
- D7 will prompt you one time about the new usage of SAS, reminding you it is not free and NOT portable any longer.
- Sync INI feature can now utilize a URL for the Master INI file (download only, D7.INI must be zipped.)
- Updated DataGrab to export ODBC settings and Outlook Profile settings to .REG files for all users.
- Updated DataGrab to export IE, Windows Mail, Outlook Express settings to .REG files for all users (previously only exported the current user.)
- Updated DataGrab w/Unstoppable Copier functionality to only backup newer files if they don't already exist (and remain unchanged) in the target location.
- Added ability to store reports with client name (prompted with first D7 run on each new PC) instead of computer name.
- Added ability to store reports on the target OS partition (rather than, or in addition to) the D7 directory. (Registered feature)
- Added new functionality to log all activity performed by D7, with configurable language for the logging via the ActionLanguage.INI file. Useful to keep track of work performed for technician reference or for giving a report to the client. (Registered feature)