Mozilla heeft de final release van versie 2.5 van SeaMonkey uitgebracht. Mozilla SeaMonkey is de voortzetting van de voormalige Mozilla Application Suite en bestaat uit een webbrowser en programma's om te e-mailen, nieuws te lezen en is er een eenvoudige html-editor. In tegenstelling tot de Mozilla Application Suite wordt SeaMonkey door de community onderhouden, terwijl de SeaMonkey Council het onderhoud overziet. Het changelog, inclusief dat van de bètareleases, ziet er als volgt uit:.
- None.Fixes in Beta 4
- The Insert Character dialog did not switch to other editor windows (bug 695801).
- Large images were not scaled down to the window size (bug 698876).
- Multiple (duplicate) Address Book entries appeared in "do not mark mail as junk if the sender is in" (Account settings -> Junk settings) (bug 690277).
- Pairing a new device did not trigger a delayed Sync run (bug 696633).Fixes in Beta 3
- Bookmarks in the Bookmarks Manager now feature a Properties context menu entry that opens the embedded properties pane in case it was collapsed (bug 674208).
- mailto links had stopped working (bug 691288)
- Address book Advanced Search missed all search fields (bug 692392).
- Open Containing Folder no longer preselected the file (bug 691144).Fixes in Beta 2
- Upgrading SeaMonkey while an add-on update was waiting to be installed resulted in the add-on getting uninstalled (bug 680802).Fixes in Beta 1Mozilla platform changes
- The Windows 7 jump list shows more entries now (for MailNews, address book and Composer) (bug 515734).
- Download chooser dialogs show the file size now (bug 595888).
- Thread pane icons show the state of mail (replied, forwarded) now (bug 22112).
- View/Zoom allows to choose from more levels now, which can also be configured by a hidden preference (toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues, which needs to be reset manually once in order to actually have more zoom levels) (bug 621823).
- The Download Manager opens when a download starts on Mac now, too (bug 670532).
- Click-and-hold (ui.click_hold_context_menus) has been turned off by default on Mac (bug 667299).
- Insert/Characters and Symbols had stopped working (no options in drop-downs) (bug 690267).
The changes page lists a more detailed overview of new features and fixes relative to our last stable release, SeaMonkey 2.4. Relevant security fixes are listed on Security Advisories for SeaMonkey.
- Users now have more control over their add-ons. Upon upgrade, activation of third-party add-ons needs to be confirmed explicitly.
- Improvements to HTML5 media elements and added support for new media APIs to improve the overall performance of video and audio
- Additional support for HTML5 technologies, including the crossorigin attribute and insertAdjacentHTML
- Updates to WebSockets
- Support for CORS for WebGL textures
- Hyphenation is now supported in many more languages
- Fixed several stability issues