D7 is een programma dat kan worden gebruikt voor het verhelpen van allerhande problemen in Windows, het verwijderen van malware en het maken van een backup van persoonlijke bestanden en instellingen. Het programma maakt gebruik van zelfontwikkelde oplossingen en leunt verder op diverse externe tooltjes, die ook hier in de Meuktracker regelmatig voorbijkomen, zoals Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, HijackThis en de tooltjes van Piriform. D7 is echter een krachtige tool die ook een hoop schade kan aanrichten en is daarom vooral bedoeld voor de ervaren pc-techneut. D7 is nog volop in ontwikkeling en moet als bètamateriaal worden beschouwd. Sinds de vorige vermelding in de Meuktracker zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
Changes in version 4.5.8
Changes in version 4.5.7
- Added Windows Installer 2203 fix on Repair tab.
- Delete Temp Files function now deletes Chrome temp files in addition to IE (no FF yet...)
- DataGrab now backs up Microsoft Works calendar.
- DataGrab now properly copies Mozilla based browser profiles on Vista/7
- DataGrab no longer accidentally copies Mozilla based browser temp files/cache.
- Added refresh desktop function after dropping a custom desktop shortcut.
- Added ACER to recognized motherboard websites (for netbooks) when clicking on the MB label on the Info tab.
- D7 should no longer attempt to load the "Public" registry hive on Win7.
- Fixed OpenRegPath in Malware Scan not opening the full path to a specific SERVICE in the registry.
- Fixed an extra checkbox showing up at the end of a Malware Scan > System32 Files search.
- SFC wrapper now tells you when it's finished reading the SFC log.
- Find Moved Shortcuts option now added to the Offline tab.
- Other minor misc. fixes.
Changes in version 4.5.6
- Take Control (Take Ownership) Explorer context menu item (and in Work With File) no longer prompts you to run under a different user context.
- Take Control (Take Ownership) Explorer context menu item (and in Work With File) now prompts you to select a group or user to assign permissions to, which it does after taking ownership of the target object.
- Misc under the hood changes.
Changes in version 4.5.5
- Fixed issue with DataGrab bringing up D7 Reporting window after a backup, this should be done silently.
- Fixed issue with D7 not launching the newest MBAM setup and SuperAntiSpyware portable if multiple downloads exist.
Changes in version 4.5.4
- With "Get Info" checked, DataGrab now gets the full D7 Info Report at end of backup routine on a local OS instead of several scattered reports; continues to grab just the product keys on an offline OS.
- Fixed issue: DataGrab was backing up Microsoft Office activation data to \DATA instead of the appropriate path.
- Attempted fix: Find Dups may display in results some files it could not properly hash (e.g. registry hive files)
- Attempted fix: Install Custom Shortcut when configured to force IE may sometimes drop two desktop shortcuts, one with IE and one without.
- Fixed Malware Scan scanning certain Run keys twice on local systems.
- Fixed an issue with Malware Scan not stripping embedded nulls in some registry strings.
Changes in version 4.5.3
- Fixed issue with "Open Reg Path" in Malware Scan not opening keys in the HKEY_USERS branch.
- Search Registry, Work With File, and Find Dups will now use the external Filehandler.exe when present (which it always should be) for their operations instead of being internal to D7.exe (which means D7 won't freeze and you're free to continue using D7 for other things while these functions are being used.)
Changes in version 4.5.2
- Added new ability to find identical files by MD5 hash. Useful to find hidden or scattered duplicates of known rogue exes/dlls. The function is in the D7 menu > Find Duplicate Files, also available in MalwareScan as Find Dups and as a right click context menu item in Explorer, also named Find Dups.
- Included new KillEmAll v1.2.5 which now includes simple WHITELISTING functionality. Simply create "KEA_Whitelist.txt" in the D7 or KillEmAll directory, and inside place each executable name on a separate line.
- On the Submit Feedback form, now hitting ENTER will put a LF/CR in the text body instead of triggering the SEND button.
- Added to Tweaks tab > Toggle tweaks the ability to enable/disable the Indexing service (XP) and Windows Search service (Vista/7)
Changes in version 4.5.1
- Fixed recent issue with Close & Delete D7 Directory button not performing any actions.
- ALL D7 Reports being emailed now have the computer name and username in the email subject.
- Current MBAM installer is downloading via Ketarin with a different file name. Modified D7 to compensate for this.
- Added a 3 second delay to CheckDisk when rescanning a partition; it seemed occasionally when it fixed errors it wasn't unlocking the drive before the new iteration of chkdsk started, causing it to fail with a drive locked error and wait for user input. Hopefully this will alleviate the issue.
Changes in version 4.5.0
- Added Search Registry feature to Explorer context menus and Work With File option. Quickly and easily search the registry for a file name!
- Added "Work With File" to D7 menu. It will automatically copy a file (text) from the clipboard to work with if exist. Useful if you need to quickly work with a file that you have copied the path\filename text from a log or report window in a 3rd Party Tool.
- Changed location of automatic ERUNT backups to "\Support\EruntBackups" - (the current save spot in "system32\config\EruntBackups" was being flagged/deleted by Combofix)
- Changed location of Event Log backups to "\Support\EventLogBackups\%Date%"
- Added option to force use of Internet Explorer instead of default browser, when installing your custom desktop shortcut.
- Added "Remove Content Advisor Password" to Internet Explorer section on Tweaks tab.
- D7 Reports being emailed now have the computer name and username in the email subject.
- Misc. under the hood work.
Changes in version 4.4.9
- Added functionality to write to NT Event Logs, backup Event Logs, and clear the Event Logs. Options are in D7's internal event viewer (click D7 > D7 Event Viewer, or click the Event Log label on the Info tab.)
- Also added clear event log functionality to the Maintenance tab for D7 Auto.
- NOTE: New event logging functionality utilizes "FoolishEventLogMsgHelper.dll" installed in the Windows\System32 directory. Don't be alarmed if you see it, yes it's part of D7. The file should be removed during D7 shutdown, unless configured to stay. See my BLOG (blog.foolishit.com) for a statement on this file.
Changes in version 4.4.8
- Fixed a recent issue preventing D7 from starting on Vista/7.
Changes in version 4.4.7
- Reset Hidden Volume now deletes the desktop.ini on the Desktop and in Start Menu > Programs > Startup
Changes in version 4.4.6
- Toggle Hidden Files / Extensions functions now takes place instantly, refreshing Explorer after the change is made!
- Fixed BlueScreenView not launching when run from Tweaks tab.
- Added a few "Completed" message box popups at the end of a few functions that otherwise didn't notify you they did anything.
- Separated function to find start menu / desktop / quicklaunch shortcuts when moved by malware. Previously this was part of Reset Hidden Volume and even Delete Temp Files, but I realized ppl probably didn't even know the feature existed...
Changes in version 4.4.5
- Fixed bug causing incorrect System Restore status to be reported on the Info tab.
Changes in version 4.4.4
- Added registry search button in Malware Scan for finding other entries of a particular file name.
Changes in version 4.4.3
- Added registry search function with wicked features! (Click the Search menu / hourglass icon)
- Enabled Help menu option to check for PRE-RELEASE versions of D7! (Note these versions *may
- be more buggy, or more stable, than usual depending on code changes at the time!)
- Moved System Restore Point and ERUNT reg backup options from Config to Maint/Malware tabs where applicable.
- Now when running CCleaner from D7, it should no longer delete minidump files.
- Added " -tdlfs -dcexact" commandline parameters to automate TDSSKiller a little.