Afgelopen maandag is versie 3.9.1 van Data Crow verschenen en vrijdag heeft 3.9.2 het daglicht gezien. Dit catalogusprogramma kan orde in de chaos scheppen van zo'n beetje elke verzameling, of het nu om boeken, cd's, dvd's, foto's of muziekbestanden gaat. Waar mogelijk wordt allerlei relevante en aanvullende informatie van internet opgehaald, zoals IMDb, Amazon of Bol.com. Het programma is opensource en in Java geschreven, en het is dan ook eenvoudig om aanpassingen in het uiterlijk of de functionaliteit te maken. In versie 3.9 is onder andere de manier veranderd hoe de data wordt opgehaald. Hierdoor start het programma een stuk sneller op en zijn de systeemeisen naar beneden bijgesteld. Versies 3.9.1 en 3.9.2 laten voornamelijk bugfixes zien.
Data Crow 3.9.2Fixed:
- Could not sort on actors, authors, artists and other multiple-references fields. Note that the items are sorted based on the first entry of the multiple references field. So if you have assigned two actors to a movie, Jan Jansen and Richard Howard, the first entry will be used to sort the item (in this case Jan Jansen). Technically this has been accomplished by store the first string representation in a separate field which is used to base the sort on. This field is kept in synch with changes made (cleared in case no entries, updated with first entry in all other cases).
- Countries and properties could not be edited.
- Items not removed from the card view after saving them.
- Container tree does not get updated correctly with parent
- child relationships.
- Unconfirmed fix; memory leak when importing movies file information.
- Settings were only taken into account (import > online search) after the dialog was closed and re-opened.
- File import, search for additional information on sub items, did not work for actors and directors when working with imdb.com.
- Filter dialog could not be opened from within the Book module.
- After updating an item the node in the tree becomes unreadable (appended with .. and not showing the whole text)
- Web client advanced filter did not handle advanced filter correctly where no value is required.
- Associates are now part of a specialized associates module. The create module wizard now allows you to select the 'person' module type.
- You can now configure the maximum number of actors to be retrieved when querying for movies from Imdb.com. Click on the configure button next to the server drop down to change the value. By default all actors will be retrieved (old/current behavior).
- Fields can now be selected when exporting items (CSV/XML exports. Field selection is remembered for next time(s).
- Double-clicking a multiple references field now opens the select windows.
- Removed labels in quick view for images.
- Added additional filter operators for dates (today, days ago, days in the future, months ago and years ago.
- Removed the settings for persons (default sort order and display options); these did not work and need to be re-implemented. Planned for next version.
Data Crow 3.9.1Changed:
- Within the Amazon Server Configuration you can now enter your AWS Access Key ID and the Secret Key. By default a shared access key is used which can cause timeouts when multiple users are trying to query the server. Registering to the AWS site will provide you with your very own access key. Accounts can be registered here: http://aws.amazon.com/
- Icons are now shown in both the Quick View and the Item Form.
- Values removed after saving an item using 'save all' from the tool bar.
- Any '&' character used in the module wizard caused Data Crow to crash when restarting.
- Data Crow slows down when switching between modules or filter fields; when the quick filter was build the list of possible items was retrieved. In case of 10.000 or more actors (for example) this would take about 30 seconds to be filled. Now, this only takes a couple of seconds.
- Very slow working "Advanced Filter" editing. Basically the same issue as mentioned above; when the select box is filled with for example 10.000 actors Data Crow would crawl to a halt.
- Very slow working "Web Server". Same issue as mentioned above, related to retrieval of values for the quick and advanced filters.
- Added re-use of database connections for better performance.
- Extremely slow module importer.
- Items not removed from the table view when saving new items.
- Improved the speed for deleting massive numbers of items.
- Improved the speed for saving massive numbers of new items.
- Fixed issues where view would loose focus when saving updates.
- Icons are now cached. On first startup you might experience a slow down when starting the system. Second startup will eliminate this slow down.
- The character "'" in a field definition would break the reporting module
- The character "&" in a field definition would break the XML module, causing Data Crow to crash
- IMDB added a trailing space behind the title of a movie
- Not all genres of a movie were imported from IMDB
- Cannot launch files from the quick view panel