DirSync Pro is bezig met de ontwikkeling van versie 1.4 en inmiddels is bèta 4 alweer verschenen. Met dit opensourceprogramma kunnen een of meer folders worden gesynchroniseerd, bijvoorbeeld een computer met een smartphone of usb-geheugenstick. Dit kan zowel zowel uni- als bidirectioneel. Het programma is geschreven in Java en daardoor platformonafhankelijk. Downloads zijn onder andere beschikbaar voor DOS, Linux, Mac OS X en Windows. Sinds versie 1.31 zijn verder de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
DirSync Pro 1.4b4 is released!!!And here is the fourth beta with lots of fixes. There are also a couple of new features: 'Schedule Minutely', Program exit codes, new type of log files. This is the last beta for 1.4, that means no new feature will be added to 1.4 version. The next version will most likely be the release candidate. Here is the complete changelog
- Implemented the 'Schedule Minutely' function to schedule a job recurrently every X minutes (feature request: Carlos).
- Status line on the schedule queue tab which shows the status of the schedule engine.
- Exit codes if an error has happened while synchronizing in batch mode: 0= Finished with No Errors, 1=Finished with Warnings or Non-fatal Errors, 2=Stopped due to fatal errors (feature request: Matthias Gutheil).
- DirSync Pro is now able to create three types of logfiles: 1) Job specific log file which contain the events of a job, 2) Jobset log file which contain the events of all the jobs within the jobset, 3) Program log file which contain the events of all jobsets.
- 'Default Config Path' and 'Default Log Path' issue is resolved.
- Redundant 'Aborted' warning in the messages.
- Done some rewriting on Logs to fix the issues around logs not being created in some cases (thanks to Lawson23 for the report).
- Changing the application settings will not clear the message tab (thanks to Gijs Noorlander for the report).
- After filtering the generated sync queue, it was not possible to remove individual entries from the queue. Fixed! (thanks to MI6 for the report).
- Look & feel issue in 'Java Metal theme' with the buttons 'Expand/Collapse All' and 'Enable All/None' is Fixed.
- Look & feel update issue for modal dialogs in 'Java Metal theme' is fixed.
- The filename columns in the Sync queue table are now resizable.
- The file size/date columns int he Sync queue get now automatically resized after Analyze/Synchronize actions (thanks to Angelo D'Agnano for the report/suggestion).
- After loading a jobset or after creating a new one, the main tab jumps back to the Jobtree tab.
- All the sub-dialogs are now decorated with DirSync Pro icon.
DirSync Pro 1.4b3 is released!!!Happy new year! Here is beta 3, with again some new features: Option to generate a command line automatically, option to copy it to clipboard or save it to a batch file AND possibility to open 8 recent config files right with one click! There are some bugs are fixed as well. The change log:
- Option (in Tools menu) to automatically generate a command line to run DirSync Pro in batch.
- Option to copy the generated command line to the clipboard.
- Option to save the generated command line to a batch file (MS Windows: .cmd, Linux-like: .sh).
- Option to ignore daylight saving granularity which could be useful when synchronizing between FAT and other file systems around the daylight saving period.
- "Open Recent" submenu to quick pick the most recent 8 opened config files (feature request: A. Parsons).
- The bug when the license dialog appeared twice.
- Missing "'" behind the Includes tree node in the job tree (thanks to Orlando for the report).
- A typo in schedule dialog (thanks to Oliver Pfister for the report).
- Bug with enabling/disabling the log file of a job is fixed (Thanks to Rick Vlaming for the report).
- Some tooltips contained old data. Fixed! (Thanks to Swann for the report).
- In some cases the job specific log files got disabled in the GUI after sync. Fixed! (Thanks to Rick Vlaming for the report).
DirSync Pro 1.4b2 is released!!!Here is beta 2, with some new features: synchronizing directory time stamps and automatic loading the last opened config. Some bugs are fixed as well. The change log:
- Option to synchronize directory time stamps, relevant for MS Windows (feature request: Gijs Noorlander).
- Option to load the last loaded config automatically upon start-up (feature request: Gijs Noorlander).
- Option to keep the sync queue after the synchronization so that it can be run again. This might help in case some items are not synchronized because of file system errors (feature request: Gijs Noorlander).
- Definitive icons for schedule types.
- Some minor improvements.
- Wild cards were skipped in some cases, fixed! (Thanks to 'SilentException' for the report).
- Copy options to all/enabled jobs will also copy the schedules.
- Loading a config file after right a synchronization warning/error was not possible. Fixed! (Thanks to J.T. for the report).
- Issue with the Synchronize button not starting the synchronization in some cases. (Thanks to Gijs Noorlander for the report).
DirSync Pro 1.4b1 is released!!!Many of you have requested the Schedule feature for DirSync Pro and finally here it is! Lots of work have been put together the last couple of month to implement this feature. Another major change in this version is the 'speed'. DirSync Pro analyzes massive number of files now very faster. Here is the changelog for this version:
- Implemented the 'Schedule Once' function to schedule a job on a certain time in the future.
- Implemented the 'Schedule Hourly' function to schedule a job recurrently every X hours.
- Implemented the 'Schedule Daily' function to schedule a job recurrently on a certain time every X day.
- Implemented the 'Schedule Weekly' function to schedule a job recurrently on a certain time and on specific weekday every X week.
- Implemented the 'Schedule Monthly' function to schedule a job recurrently on a certain time and in specific month every X month.
- A new dialog is introduced to define all above schedule types for a job.
- A new tab is introduced in Edit Job dialog to view, add, edit and remove schedules for each job.
- A schedule engine which takes care of all schedules of all jobs.
- A new tab is introduced in the main window to view all active schedules inclusive up-coming events.
- New buttons and menu items are added to the short-cut bar and the 'Run' menu.
- System tray icon and feature in the application options dialog to minimize to system tray.
- Some changes to file analysis algorithm to improve the speed enourmously.
- The total progress is now more transparent en intuitive (Thanks to Gijs Noorlander for the suggestions).
- DirSync Pro generates now a warning if JRE is started with memory lower than 512MB.
- After converting an old-formatted config file, it is loaded automatically.
- It is now impossible to edit a job when the analysis/synchronization is running.
- The user gets a warning if there are unsaved changes to the job settings, while opening a config file ore creating a new one (Thanks to Svend Claussen for the suggestion).
- The linux run-script is improved to run also from directories including the space character. (Thanks to Manuel Buser for the suggestion).
- If the synchronization/analysis is finished and an error has occurred, the GUI switches to the Messages tab.
- "Synchronize A -> B (incremental)" and "Synchronize B -> A (incremental)" are now called "Mirror A -> B (incremental)" and "Mirror B -> A (incremental)".
- Possible range for the granularity is now 1-86401 (1 second to a just over a day) which make it possible to work around the daylight saving time problem on FAT systems.
- 'GB' (Gigabyte) abbreviation added and implemented for the Sync Queue.
- Many minor improvements.
- The GUI is now rendered fine on some Linux distro's when choosing 'System look&feel' in combination with very large fonts.
- It is now possible to delete excluded files from both Dir A and Dir B separately (Thanks to Svend Claussen for the report)
- Null Pointer Exception on some JRE's after editing a job. Fixed!
- DirSync Pro icon on Windows 7's task bar is not blurry anymore!
- Many minor issues.