MDaemon is een mailserver voor het Windows-platform met ingebouwde antivirus- en antispamfuncties. De verschillende features die aanwezig zijn in deze mailserver zijn op deze pagina na te lezen. MDeamon biedt onder andere het delen van contactlists, tasklists, e-mail, documenten of agenda's, beschikt over een complete webclient met de naam Worldclient en kan afzenders valideren door middel van Domainkeys Identified Mail, Sender Policy Framework of Sender ID. Ook is het mogelijk om 'spam traps' in te stellen, waarmee alle daar op binnenkomende e-mail geblokkeerd wordt in de andere mailboxen. Alt-N Technologies heeft versie 10.1.1 van MDaemon uitgebracht en voorzien van de volgende lijst met aanpassingen sinds de vorige vermelding in de Meuktracker:
-  Changed installer to make installing registered, trial, or FREE version more clear.
-  fix to mailing list messages may not be delivered to all members of a group that's subscribed to the list
-  fix to BadAddress.txt not always writing out correct data
-  fix to CFEngine.exe crash caused by malformed email message
-  fix to upgrading MDaemon FREE warns about expired upgrade protection
-  fix to WebAdmin and WorldClient do not use SSL if SSL port is the same as the normal port
-  fix to WDaemon uses wrong log filenames when configured to log based on the day of the week
-  fix to restarting WorldClient from MDaemon GUI sometimes leaves it shut down
-  fix to WorldClient LookOut theme's expand/collapse icon missing in external preview window
-  fix to WorldClient LookOut theme's Advanced Compose To field font size varies
-  fix to WorldClient LookOut theme's To and Cc header fields not always rendering correctly
-  fix to WorldClient LookOut theme's read confirmation prompt interfering with opening message in new window
-  fix to WorldClient prompting to send read confirmations more than once
-  fix to WorldClient's LookOut theme adding 30 minutes to certain appointments cell sizes in the day view
-  fix to WorldClient not being able to delete attachments when composing
- fix to WorldClient's LookOut theme month view not calculating the end of the month date correctly if the start of the week setting is not Sunday
- fix to WorldClient's LookOut theme copy/move dialog not enabling the copy and move buttons in IE with the first folder selection
- fix to WorldClient's LookOut theme not causing the Password field of the logon screen to be as narrow as the other fields
- fix to WorldClient's LookOut theme's rendering of the options popup menu not lining up correctly with the arrow
- fix to WorldClient's LookOut theme's handling of remote images when printing
- fix to WorldClient LookOut theme's external preview pane not collapsing the To and Cc fields to take up less space
Major new features:
- Because of the powerful changes to the LookOut theme over the last several versions of MDaemon and because of the advancement of web technologies and standards since 2001 the LookOut theme no longer supports Internet Explorer 6. Users of Internet Explorer 6 or lower will be redirected to the Standard theme so that they may continue to gain access to their email and other groupware data. It is strongly recommended that users upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 which has been released with significant improvements to security, rendering quality and performance.
Changes and additional new features:
- SPAM FILTER UPDATE PROCESS IMPROVED
The Spam Filter updating process now has the ability to pull updates from updates.spamassassin.org in addition to updates from Alt-N. The Spam Filter update UI has a new checkbox which controls this capability. This will make sure your SpamAssassin rule-sets are always kept current. Spam Filter updates are now enabled by default for new installations. You should check to see whether your pre-existing installation has this feature enabled.
- IMPROVED WORLDCLIENT
LookOut Theme Specific Features and Improvements:
- A new and substantially faster loading, better handling WYSIWYG editor has been added to all of the desktop themes compose views. The new editor supports all previous features as well as adding the ability to preview content in an external browser as well as print the message body's contents. The new editor also includes enhanced security features to help prevent cross site scripting (XSS) attacks. This editor has some exciting extensions and WorldClient will be enhanced to take advantage of them soon.
- Auto-Complete is now in the Standard and Simple themes' compose views allowing users to more quickly enter recipients for email messages.
- Remote image blocking has been added to the arsenal of anti-spam tools in the MDaemon package. Sites and spammers looking to harvest valid email addresses will no longer have their remote images loaded when the message is viewed unless the user clicks on the bar above the message to load remote images. To disable this, edit \MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini and set
BlockHtmlImages=No (default is Yes)
-  Added ability to configure the way WorldClient handles "Read Confirmation" requests so that users can set WorldClient to ignore requests ("No"), automatically send a response ("Yes"), or be prompted ("Prompt"). This setting is found in \MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini
SendReadConfirmations=Yes (or No, or Prompt)
WorldClient Engine and Web Server have been improved:
- Calendar Day view events can now be resized with drag and drop bars at the top and bottom of each editable event to make re-scheduling events simpler and more intuitive. Events can still be dragged and dropped onto other calendars if they need to be moved between calendars.
- Drag and drop folder name highlighting for target drop folders to help identify the destination. This should reduce the chances of unintentionally dropping messages or groupware items into the wrong folder.
- The Addressbook and Address Lookup in the compose view now allow you to group contacts by company and department so that when the information is available contacts can better be sorted and found by this valuable datapoint.
- An attachment upload status indicator has been added to the Compose attachments screen to help users know gauge the pace of the upload and know that their file is being transmitted to the web server.
- The appearance of the Calendar events has been updated to give it a cleaner appearance and to reduce browser rendering flaws with event resizing.
- Long 'to' and 'cc' fields will now wrap in the message preview pane so that all recipients can be viewed.
- A progress bar has been added to the loading indicator when users login to the theme.
- Added the ability to drag and drop events from date to date in the week and month calendar views.
- Updated destination dialog for copying or moving messages or groupware data to help users see the context of the folder so that shared folders are more readily identifiable.
- WorldClient's WDaemon server now serves text files from its HTML directory as gzipped/compressed files to help improve performance and bandwidth consumption.
- WDaemon now supports multiple HTTP requests per connection to improve performance, especially when SSL is used.
-  When delivery to an address results in a 500+ error, the address will be appended to \Logs\BadAddress.txt. This file is automatically removed at midnight each night to prevent exponential growth.
-  AccountPrune can now handle subfolders of root IMAP folder (see AccountPrune.txt for command line options).
-  Added Remove Dead Addresses setting to mailing list editor in WebAdmin
-  Added Archive Spam Messages setting to archival page in WebAdmin
-  Added Scheduler Activity to the Logging Options tab in WebAdmin
-  Added MDaemon version to status bar gadgets.
-  Calendar and task reminder instant messages now use the template files used by MDaemon to generate email reminder messages.
-  Added a 'Manually Add' button to ComAgent buddy list editor.
-  Outbound SMTP sessions will retry using another authentication method if CRAM-MD5 fails
-  Changed WorldClient LookOut theme's handling of tabs in the HTML compose editor to add tabspaces instead of exiting the text field
-  MDaemon no longer sends DSNs to "noreply@" addresses.
-  fix to accounts created from a Config Session in another Terminal Services session not being sent a welcome message or getting added to the public contacts folder
-  fix to WebAdmin text changes to match MDaemon's GUI
-  fix to WebAdmin tab name error on Logging Maintenance tab
-  added Minger port setting to WebAdmin
-  updated WebAdmin's DNS-BL settings to match MDaemon
-  fix to WebAdmin missing Spam Filter Black List configuration page
-  fix to MD3Conv does not run when upgrading to version 10
-  fix to SSL negotiation error 0x80090308 when sending to certain SMTP servers
-  added BATV Whitelist to WebAdmin
-  added BATV gateway domains setting to WebAdmin
-  removed SPF 2.0 option from WebAdmin
-  fix AccountPrune cannot purge public folder subfolders
-  fix AccountPrune failing to log full path
-  fix to saving a draft in the WorldClient mobile theme presenting you with a message that the message was sent
-  fix to missing translations from the name drop down box in the contact editor for several WorldClient themes
-  Hide unsubscribed folders option was moved to the Folder options view in the WorldClient Simple theme
-  fix to WorldClient does not save Bcc header in sent messages
-  fix to folder ACLs permissions problem with groups
-  fix to list public folder copy failure on directories with ( ) chars
-  fix to DKIM Options page in WA prompting IE users to close window when saving changes
-  fix to possible WC crash when deleting a single occurrence of a recurring appointment
-  fix to gateway message delivered to wrong recipient
-  fix to Help button on certain dialogs loads up wrong help topic
-  fix to optional command window for Spam Daemon greys out
-  fix to WorldClient not showing HTML inline images referenced by Content-Location headers
-  fix to account settings not saving auto-responder changes sometimes
-  fix to some routing related messages concerning invalid list mail being placed in the SYSTEM log rather than the ROUTING log
-  fix to redirected messages from list moderator going to bad queue (note, this fix requires redirected message to have moderator's email address in Resent-From: header).
-  fix to path/crypto approved domains not skipping OP processing
-  fix to domain rather than host name used by default in SSL UI
-  fix to IMAP SEARCH parameters SENTBEFORE, SENTON, SENTSINCE not working
-  fix to the rendering of all-day/multi-day events in the WorldClient LookOut theme
-  fix to the LookOut Theme's handling of zero length calendar events in Internet Explorer for the day view
-  fix to reminder IMs from MDaemon appear in normal ComAgent chat windows