Vmware heeft buildnummer 126130 van zijn virtualisatiesoftware Workstation 6.5.1 uitgebracht. Dit pakket doet zijn werk onder Linux en Windows en is in staat om via een virtuele machine diverse besturingssystemen op de hostcomputer te laten draaien. Voor de gastcomputer kan je gebruikmaken van verschillende BSD-varianten, diverse Linux-distributies, Solaris en Windows. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina en deze handleiding in pdf-formaat. De lijst met aanpassingen van versie 6.5.1 ziet er als volgt uit:
With this release of VMware Workstation, the following new features and support have been added:
- Japanese localization — A localized version of Workstation is now available in Japanese for Windows hosts.
Note: Technical Support services for Workstation are currently delivered in English. Japanese-speaking support engineers are available in a limited capacity during the operating hours of the local support center. For more information, see VMware local language support.
- Smart card support for Linux guests — Smart cards are now experimentally supported with Linux guests.
- Unity mode on Linux guests — Although support for Unity mode on Linux guests is still experimental, repainting of application windows is much improved.
- 3-D graphics — Additional improvements have been made to improve 3-D performance on Windows XP guests.
The following issues were fixed in this release of Workstation:
- Although VMware does not support replaying recordings of virtual machine execution that you created with previous versions of Workstation, it is now possible to do so. When you attempt to play a recording created with Workstation 6.5.0 (release version), a Replay Compatibility dialog box appears, prompting you to choose from the following options:
- Replay in Test Mode - Plays the recording. If you choose this option, the Replay Compatibility dialog box will also appear again the next time you attempt to play the recording.
- Overwrite Version - Plays the recording as in test mode but acts like a "Don't display this message again" check box. If you choose this option, the Replay Compatibility dialog box will not appear the next time you attempt to play this recording.
- Go Live - Acts like a Cancel button and cancels playing the recording.
- On Windows XP guests, if you have the version control system CVSNT installed, VMware Tools might crash. If this happens, you must uninstall either CVSNT or VMware Tools. Without VMware Tools installed, you cannot use such features as Unity mode and cut-copy-paste and drag-and-drop of text and files between the virtual machine and the host computer. (Bug 320159)
- If you configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 virtual machine to automatically update VMware Tools, the guest might freeze during the automatic update process. (Bug 323969)
- If you have the Integrated Virtual Debugger for Visual Studio installed, Visual Studio sometimes crashes when you open a project. (Bug 333862)