PowerArchiver 2007 is een uitgebreid archiveringsprogramma dat overweg kan met de meest gangbare archiveringstypen zoals 7-zip, cab, lha tar, gzip, bzip2, rar, arj, arc en ace. Daarnaast kan het ook verschillende cd- en dvd-images inlezen zoals iso, bin, img en nrg en bestanden die gecodeerd zijn met yenc, uue en mime (base64). De ontwikkelaars van ConeXware zijn druk bezig met het klaar stomen van PowerArchiver 2007 10.0 en hebben daarvoor alweer de achtste bètaversie uitgebracht met de volgende lijst van aanpassingen:
PowerArchiver 2007 Public Beta 8
Beta 8 of PowerArchiver 2007 version 10.0 is now available in both English and German. This update brings a number of minor fixes to the new release, including improvements to the 7-Zip engine and user interface tweaks.
PowerArchiver 2007 Public Beta 7
Beta 7 of PowerArchiver 2007 version 10.0 is now available to download. This update includes the following changes:
- Improvements to Modern Interface
- Quick Access Toolbar now customizable
- New 7-Zip engine
- Graphics updates
- Many other smaller updates and fixes
PowerArchiver 2007 Public Beta 6
The first public beta of PowerArchiver 2007 version 10.0 is now available for download. Among the many new changes in PowerArchiver 2007 are:
- Completely new "Modern" Interface: New interface makes it easier to access wealth of features that PowerArchiver has. Classic interface still available.
- Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup): Innovative new Queue system, first of its kind in compression Utilities, works with all Add/Extract and Backup actions.
- PowerArchiver Starter - system tray application: Brand new system tray utility for managing queue, and starting most recently used archives and backups. Written in assembler-like language for minimum size and memory usage.
- New Plug-in System for extracting - TC Compatible: Expect first plug-ins to appear on our Web site before final version is released.
- Support for transparent updating of 7-Zip archives: PowerArchiver now updates 7-Zip archives, even if they are solid archives.
- Hybrid Shell Extensions: Unique way of showing shell extensions, where major options are one click away, and others are in easy to access submenu.
- 7-Zip SFX creation support: You can now create 7zip SFX's directly from PowerArchiver, with easy to use PowerArchiver SFX interface.
- Better Windows Vista support: Significantly better Vista support with Vista specific: new and open windows, task dialogues, restart manager, better skinning support and more.
- New MSI based installer: Due to "Certified for Windows Vista" software logo requirements, PowerArchiver now uses MSI based installation routine, with full support for Windows Vista and its new Restart Manager feature.
- True Multilanguage Edition: From PowerArchiver 2007, multiple users on the same computer will be able to select different language version to use. Option was specially designed for large enterprises, for easier deployment and maintenance of PowerArchiver installations.
- Optimize Office documents shell extension: Optimizes size of Microsoft Office 2007 and Open Office 2 documents, for up to 40% size reduction.
- Speed optimizations: Significant work has been done in startup speed optimizations, and PowerArchiver 2007 is the fastest PowerArchiver version ever.
- Memory and Size optimizations: Despite wealth of new features, minimum installation size increase was achieved by extensive work on making installation smaller while keeping all the features. Parts of PowerArchiver were re-written in assembler like language.
- And many other improvements throughout the PowerArchiver, including better explorer view, improved progress bar, improved task completed alerts and much, much more.