TVersity Media Server stelt je in staat om over het (interne) netwerk beeld en geluid te sturen naar dlna-apparatuur, zoals televisies en dvd-spelers met netwerkmogelijkheden. Ook is het mogelijk om media naar de PlayStation Portable en Xbox 360 te verzenden. Vandaag hebben de ontwikkelaars in de vorm van 0.9.9.1 een nieuwe bčtaversie van TVersity Media Server beschikbaar gesteld. De update kan hier gedownload worden vanaf onze fileserver en kent de volgende veranderingen:
On the fly transcoding to WMV for the Xbox 360
- Xbox 360 users can now play their entire media library with no need for MCE.
- Users of other devices that can play WMV can use this target format as an alternative to MPEG. While this will require faster machines to achieve the same quality, it allow for a higher quality per bitrate meaning that a slower home network can be used. This is important mainly for HD content streamed over wireless connections.
- Upconversion of videos to WMV HD can be done (on a fast machine) by tweaking the minVideoInfo in config.xml.
- It is highly recommended to upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 as it includes more recent and more stable encoders, this is especially important if you experience crashes in qasf.dll.
- The GUI is now an exe file (as opposed to the HTML Application (HTA) it used to be). This should solve the DEP errors on Vista Beta 2.
- The GUI is now functional even when the sharing is stopped and the sharing can be both started and stopped from the GUI (only starting and restarting was supported in the past).
- A tray icon has been added with a tray icon menu for starting and stopping the sharing service .
- Drag and drop is now supported for sharing media. Simply drag files/folders to the GUI and even XML feed URLs and they will be added to the librray.
- Multi select is now supported in the list of shared items and the play, refresh and delete operations can now be invoked on multiple items in one operation.
- Scroll wheel support was added throughout the GUI.
- Right click menu was added for items in the sharing tab.
- When the server is down the connection error dialog box is no longer displayed and instead a connection error icon is displayed at the top right corner of the window.
- The sharing tab now allows files/folders to be opened (as opposed to the past behavior where this was enabled only for URLs).
- The settings tab can now open the cache area folder.
- A preview of our new media library graphical user interface is included, this is provided in addition to the web based interface. This interface will come in two versions the first is AJAX and the second is Macormedia Flash based (only this version is currently being provided). This new interface will be the basis for our upcoming support for the Sony PS3 and will be used for any web browser enabled device that can handle AJAX or Macromedia flash to provide a better user experience than the simpler web based interface (which will remain the interface of choice for limited resource devices such as mobile phones, the Sony PSP, etc.). Future releases will add support for playback inside this new interface as opposed to the current behavior where an external player is invoked.
- The new media library gui can be opened in a separate browser windows via the URL http://localhost:41952/flashlib, or http://localhost:41952/flash6.swf for devices that support only Macromedia Flash version 6.
- Windows can now discover TVersity and display it in "My Network Places", if the UPnP discovery components are installed.
- The server accepts now the mime type video/flv (this is in addition to video/x-flv that was already there). This solves issues with YouTube flv videos that the server refused to add due to an unknown mime type.
- Bad Internet URLs no longer cause the server to hang for a long period of time (during which no other media could be played).
- UPnP connections from different networks or different subnets are now accepted when the server is configured to accept remote connections. This is as opposed to the past behavior where this configuration only affected the web based interface.
- The XML results returned by the server are now guaranteed to place the item/container title first as required by the UPnP standard.
- Some issues related to playing flash video files (FLV) that were downloaded by the server automaticaly were fixed.
- Temporary files that were mistakenly placed in the wrong folder are now stored in the Windows temporary folder.