Jam Software heeft TreeSize Professional voorzien van een update naar versie 4.00. Dit programma geeft in handige overzichten weer wat er op de harde schijf staat. Zo is onder andere te zien hoe groot de bestanden zijn, hoeveel ruimte ze innemen, wanneer ze het laatst benaderd zijn, wie de eigenaar is en wat de NTFS-compressieratio is. Dit kan in een 3d- of een taartpuntgrafiek worden weergegeven; en voor zowel enkele files of een folder, of hele partities of harde schijven. De software is beschikbaar in de smaken Personal en Professional, de onderlinge verschillen worden op deze pagina uit de doeken gedaan. Het changelog van deze release laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
Changes in V4.0:
- TreeSize now scans a file system branch with multiple threads. The number threads that are used is adjusted automatically dependant on the system load. Because of the latency of hard disks and network drives, this new feature drastically reduces the time necessary for scanning a file system branch.
- In the New Dialog "Schedule Tasks" (Tools / Schedule Tasks) you can now add customized TreeSize Tasks to the Windows Scheduled Tasks.
- The XML import, export and compare have been improved. All XML operations are much faster now and use considerably less memory. The size of the XML-files has been reduced as well.
- The tree control was replaced with a faster one, which increases the performance of a scan and expand operations in the file system tree.
- The tree now shows large hint windows that include detailed information about each node. This feature can be turned in the Options.
- Most parts of TreeSize are now Unicode enabled under Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. Windows 98/ME are still supported, but with limited Unicode capabilities.
- The Options dialog now has a checkbox, that let's you decide, whether or not TreeSize should appear in the Explorer context menu of Folders for the current user.
- A new drive list box in the bottom left corner provides a quick information about the size and the free space of the local drives. Additional remote drives can be added using the context menu.
- The top 100 largest files of the scanned path are now shown on an additional tab on the right pane.
- Added support for file system Drag&Drop operations in the main window of TreeSize.
- The HTML export is now UTF8-encoded and exports Unicode folder names correctly.
- The extensions statistics now shows the Windows description and the corresponding icon for each file type.
- In the Options you can now define what TreeSize should do when it starts without a path to scan. It may scan a list of fix paths, it may scan the paths that were active the last time it was used, or it may simply do nothing, which is the default behaviour.
- Two new columns have been added that show the MS Office author and the MS Office last change date. These values get extracted from all MS Office files.
- The context menu of the tree now allows to create a new folder. The shortcut for this operation is Ctrl+N.
- All percent values do now have a bar chart beneath them that indicates the percent value.
- It is now possible to compress and decompress files and entire folders with NTFS compression using the context menu of TreeSize. The values inside TreeSize will be updated on-the-fly.
- A style sheet can now be used with exported HTML files. The style sheet file can be specified under View / Options / Export / HTML.
- The width of the columns in the printed reports can now be adjusted under View / Options / Columns / Printed Report.
- A scan that has been opened and compared through command line options, can now again be exported through a command line option like /XML or /EXCEL.
- A new menu item in the Help menu allows to check, if a newer version of TreeSize is available.
- Several minor improvements have been added as well.
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- The TreeSize File Search now uses multiple threads per drive which reduces the time that is needed for scanning a drive.
- The list controls have been replaced with faster ones, which reduces the time needed during the scan as well as the time needed for move operations especially for a large number of results.
- The selected items in a list can now be copied to the clipboard using the context menu.
- The TreeSize File search does now fully support Unicode file and folder names. The speed and reliability of the "Move To" feature has been significantly improved.
- The Move-To-Zip feature and the "Save Results" button now have a progress indicator.
- The querying of the file owners can now be turned off in the View Options if not needed. Querying the file owner is a slow operation under Windows.
TreeSize Personal 4.0
TreeSize Professional 4.0[break]