De tweakers die Battlefield 2 spelen kunnen even stoppen met het afmaken van het andere team, want EA heeft een patch uitgebracht die het spel een upgrade geeft naar versie 1.2. Deze patch kan in twee uitvoeringen gedownload worden: de volledige patch neemt als download ruim 357 megabyte in beslag en kan elke versie van Battlefield 2 updaten. Mocht dat echter te groot zijn, dan staat op deze locatie de zogenoemde incremental update van 82 megabyte, die bedoeld is om versie 1.12 te patchen. Welke zaken EA heeft aangepast en toegevoegd lees je onderaan deze meukpost.
Update: Voor de handigheid hebben we de incremental update op onze fileserver gezet. De patch kan door te klikken op deze link gedownload worden en neemt 81,59 megabyte van het datalimiet of FUP in beslag.
BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
EXPANSION OF RANKS
- Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- Helicopters now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Damage decreased from M134
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- All support kit weapons have been adjusted
- All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
- Sa80 has been adjusted
- G3A3 has been adjusted
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
- SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
- Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
- Server search filters now work properly
- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
- Flash bang effect radius decreased
- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
- The LAV25 no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
- Decreased Flashbang count from 4 to 3
- Replaced the existing Czech Flag with the correct one in the front end
- Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General
- VISIBLE UAV
The UAV that is placed by Commanders will now include a visual element. An actual UAV will appear within the UAV detection radius and circle the area. Players will be able to shoot it down, bringing the UAV detection to a premature end. The Commander will be able to continue placing UAVs once the timer resets, as per current design.
- ATI CROSSFIRE CARDS
Crossfire cards with 256 Megs of memory, running in CrossFire mode will run out of memory at very high resolution settings. On very high resolutions, such as 1920x1440 with 6x antialiasing. In CrossFire mode the ATI drivers are more restrictive about where resources are allocated, and as a result run out of memory sooner than with a single board. This running out of memory causes the device context creation to fail. The result is that the game just sits in a loop with a black screen. If you experience a context creation failure change your resolution to a lower setting (e.g. 1024x768 or even lower).