Zojuist is patch 1.03 uitgebracht van Battlefield 2. Naast een groot aantal bugfixes en nieuwe features wordt bij de patch een remake van het level Wake Island uit Battlefield 1942 meegeleverd. De 171MB zware update is vanaf deze locatie te downloaden. Hieronder is een gedeelte van de lijst met bugfixes, nieuwe features en tweaks gepost. Alle veranderingen zijn te vinden in dit document:
- Many criteria for ranks and awards have changed. If you are immediately eligible for a new promotion, unlock, badge, award, or ribbon, it will be awarded the next time you receive points on a ranked server.
- Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase the speed of capture or receive capture score.
- Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits teammates.
- The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D- map icon in the world.
- Auto team balance no longer moves players to the other team if they are a team commander or a squad leader.
- The wrench repair rate on helicopters has been decreased.
- You now receive 1 support point for destroying an enemy commander's artillery, UAV or Radar station.
- If you have received a point for healing, repairing, or resupplying a teammate, you will not receive another point from them for the same action for a set period of time.
- Singleplayer enemies use the knife more effectively.
- New engine sounds for the T98 tank.
- New engine sounds for the China/MEC light jeep.
- New cannon sounds on APCs.
- Fixed physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not killed so easily by moving vehicles.
- Fixed a physics issue that can cause you to be stuck when falling into shallow water
- Fixed an issue with soldier armor when spawning on a squad leader in a vehicle
- Fixed some objects that caused vehicles to take massive collision damage
- Fixed erroneous message stating that you punished a TK when auto- punish is OFF on the server.
- When a vehicle explodes due to external forces, the driver is no longer mis-credited for the kills.
- Added turret movement sounds to several vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that caused crosshairs to stay on the screen when switching camera views.
- Fixed an issue that caused the time limit status of the server not to be sent to clients when it is changed by the server.
- Fixed server setting sv.allowExternalViews. Setting this to 0 will disallow external views.
- Added setting for interfaceIP to the server launcher
- Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address
- Improved the stability of secondary position turrets to reduce jerkiness during movement.
- Fixed spawning on squad leaders to prevent players from spawning where they should not.
- Fixed issue with auto team balance not sending new players to the team with less players.
- Set T90 top hatch armor to "Front Armor".
- Set some wheels on jets and helpcopters to stronger armor to prevent them from being destroyed instantly by AT missiles.
- Adjusted wheeled vehicle engines on hills to improve climbing.
- Changed the Commo-rose behavior so that player does not leave crouch when using it.
- Passwords entered to join password protected servers are now cleared after use.
- Improved PLAY NOW functionality.
- Fixed some memory usage issues in the front end.
- Fixed an issue allowing color changes in player name text.
- When you click on a server in the server browser, the information from that server is updated to be more accurate.
- Fixed a crash in the Ranked Linux server when communication with stats back-end ceased.
- Improved the behavior of AA missiles when locked on an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where parachuting soldiers could not be healed.
- Added the server port to the SERVER INFO tab.
- Removed the SERVER INFO tab when playing singleplayer
- Fixed an issue causing some soldier & vehicle control keys to be used for in-game menus.
- Added new soldier artwork in BFHQ
- Added name of video director to credits
Battlefield 2 - Wake Island 2007