Het heeft even geduurd, maar Elaborate Bytes heeft eindelijk een nieuwe versie gereleased van CloneCD, een handig proggie waarmee je alle CD's in een handomdraai mee dupliceert. Hieronder de lijst met de features en fixes in versie 22.214.171.124:
- Hardware requirements updated.
- Much faster skipping of read errors with the new "Fast Error Skip" option!
- Windows 2000 fully supported without the need to install ASPI drivers
- Windows NT 4.0 fully supported without the need to install ASPI drivers
- New CloneCD.vxd: Windows 95 & 98 supported without using any ASPI drivers
- No need to disable Auto insert notification
- Access to devices which are in use by CloneCD is now totally blocked for other programs
- New progress bar with percentage display
- Estimated remaining time display
- New Image File format, easier to create patches for this format (Image files created with CloneCD 1.x can be read)
- New Keycodes
- No usage limitations for unregistered version
- Renamed some messages and controls
- Devices are displayed by Drive Letter (Windows 9x and NT4) or their driver name (Windows 2000). Cryptic addressing with Hostadapter and SCSI ID is no longer used.
- Faster scanning of CDs
- Integrated ECC/EDC error correction
- Read/Write engine reworked
- Write Errors are now better explained
- CloneCD can play sounds, after an operation is finished
- Much faster reading of "Extra Audio Info" with Plextor drives
- Mitsumi 4804TE: Much faster skipping of read errors with "Fast Error Skip" option
- Mitsumi 4804TE: Can now read Subchannel Data from Data & Audio Tracks!
- HP8210i & Sony CRX-120E: Fixed problem of locked tray after burn
- Added support for Imation 8/20 writer
- Added support for Plextor SCSI CD-ROMs
- Philips CD-ROMs (possibly others, too): Fixed problem, of not correctly detecting Mode2 data tracks
- As CloneCD no longer requires 3rd party ASPI drivers, it is now much more robust, when installed together with other CD-Writing software, or old ASPI drivers.
- Faster skipping of read errors with certain drives (e.g., Plextor CD-Writers, Toshiba CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs)
- Blocked incompatible Firmware Versions of Plextor PX-W124TS, so people can't create coasters
- Error correction gives better read results with certain CD-ROMs
- Controls were misaligned, when a large Desktop font was used
- Finally fixed the "*.sub doesn't match to *.ccd" problem
- Track relative time information in the pre-gap of the first track in every session was calculated 2 seconds wrong. This caused various problems, e.g. the first track of an Audio CD was not played on certain CD-Players.
- As a result of the total rewrite of the read/write engine, certain problems (e.g., "plops" at the beginning of Audio Tracks after Data Tracks) are fixed.