Jurjen komt vertellen dat er een nieuwe versie van de popi mIRC relay chat client uit is. Versie 5.7 heeft de nodige bugfixes ondergaan en kent een aantal nieuwe features, waaronder een verbeterd interfeesje en nieuw spul om de mIRC scripters bezig te houden. Hier heb je het complete overzicht, schaamteloos geript van de mIRC nieuwspage:
A great new mIRC version has released. We are absolutely sure you'll love it :-) In the past months we have been steadily working on new features and better code and we performed a lot of testing to solve the tiny buggies some of you found in the previous version. We really recommend you to download and try this new mIRC v5.7!
mIRC's new version 5.7 fixes most, if not all, of the small but nevertheless anoying buggies found in the previous version 5.61. mIRC's new version 5.7 has far too many improvements and new features and functions to mention here in detail. I'll point to some of the simple ones here - these are the ones you might encounter right away;
- A new, fresher interface, cute buttons - brighter colors!
- Support for the Microsoft Agent has been added to the 32 bit version of mIRC under Windows95 or greater. An agent is an animated character that can speak text and perform actions. With a little fiddling and tweaking you will be able to have this agent speak to you, warn you about things happening on IRC, or even read-up entire discussions to you! See http://www.mirc.co.uk/agents.html for more info. Also, if you have Speech Recognition software installed, mIRC can be made to listen to voice commands!
- A network listbox has been added to the connect dialog. You can now easily select a network and then quickly select the desired server within that group of servers. By default a selection of all random servers is shown. It is now also possible to specify a range in the Ports settings of an IRC server, eg. 6660-6669. This will spread the load on the IRC servers ports a lot more, thus giving faster access!
- The mIRC Installer now sets up support for .chat files in your registry file. Tooo many new users had difficulties in setting this up, we do it for you now
- You can now right-click on the alias, popup, remote and DCC toolbar buttons to pop up the new Quick Access menus. This will improve access to frequently used settings a lot.
- The channel central dialog (/channel) now uses a tabbed dialog to accomodate support for the new +e (ban exeption) and +I (invites) channel modes as found on IRCnet. With the new 'Display' tab in this dialog you can redirect or disable all sorts of channel event messages. This allows you to see the join, part, quit, mode and other messages exactly where you want them, or not at all!
- Yiihoooo - you can now completely disable the "ping? pong!" messages in the File/Options/IRC dialog.
- mIRC now allows you to select a font script for a font in the font dialog. This is needed to support arabic, cyrillic and chinese characters. People who speak these languages will understand how this works
- When you're DCC Sending a lot you might like the new option that sets the "max cps per user" in the File/Options/DCC/Fserve dialog. This allows you to limit the send speed used by a DCC Send to a user in a Fileserver, but is also applied to /dcc sends initiated in a remote script.
- We changed the Identd server behaviour back to how it worked before version 5.61. Not all IRC servers liked the (correctly implemented) new communication and considered you un-idented.
- Various other small changes have been made; you can automatically sort incoming files by nickname into folders, restart logfiles per day, week or month, and set a completely custom timestamp format for all messages, logs, etc.
- Really lots and lots of scripting things have been added. A bulkload of Identifiers, Dialog improvements and a lot more. Dear Scripters; READ the versions.txt included with the new mIRC for all info and crawl through the help file for the details. Watch out for the new %helper mode, it is easily confused with variables since % is also the %variable prefix! Enjoy the support for while loops that has been added. (This repeats a loop while some expression is true) Multiple while loops can be embedded. You can use /break to break out of the current loop. You can also use the /continue command to jump to the beginning of the loop. Have fun! Oh, and beware of old scripts; We finally removed support for the very old $parm and *N identifier format!
mIRC's new version 5.7 has far too many new features and functions to mention here in detail. I'll try to show the best here, in a nutshell. Dont forget to read the versions.txt when you want to get fully informed of all changes.
Voor een mirror om de hoek kun je dit lijstje met download locaties nachgucken.