We've attracted quite a number of offers to assist in debugging the Sybase problems. So many, in fact, that I haven't had a chance to respond to all of them. Two very talented guys have started going over the code and Sybase configuration looking for oddities or suspicious configuration items. So far, no serious red flags have turned up, but we have decided on a good number of performance improvements that can be made.
I've spent the past 36 hours continuing to do all the normal repair and check routines that I'm accustomed to doing. dropping and rebuilding indexes, doing checktables and checkdbs. The "dbcc checktable" on the rc5_64_master table took just over 12 hours to complete!
Given the serious slowdown brought about by having web access enabled, I've unfortunately had to conduct most of these repairs and checks with stats disabled. I know it's been frustrating. As of tonight's run (yes, csc stats are current) I'm still unable to do anything, even bcp data into the server, if the web server is enabled. This fact makes it impractical to be running the rc5-64 logs as it would require even more downtime from the server.
Rest assured, we're still prodding and tweaking, looking for the cause of the problem. Thanks, as always, for your continued patience and support.
Update van Azqi: de statistieken zijn nu weer online, alleen klopt er niets van...