De eerste officiŽle K7 benchmarks zijn gisteren door AMD gepresenteerd op de 'K7 dinner party'. Hier heb je de belangrijkste info:
The key points of Dirk's presentation
[. . .]
- Large volume shipments [of K7] begins this month at 600 Mhz
- The design methodology was very conversative. . . did not push. . . very hard to get to 600 Mhz. . . "a lot of leg room" in the design.
- The 3DNow! implementation "pretty dramatically" increases performance relative to K6-2.
- The point-to-point connections on the bus allow for much higher speeds than Intel CPUs. 400 Mhz is easily obtainable.
- No third party chipsets until the end of the year. . . VIA, SiS, etc.
- 22 million transistors
- 0.18u in Q4
Now the fun stuff. . .
specInt K7 w/half speed L2 vs. 550 MHz PIII Xeon w/full speed L2
At 550 MHz, K7 is 5% faster. At 600 MHz, K7 is 15% faster.
specFP K7 w/half speed L2 vs. 550 MHz PIII Xeon w/full speed L2
At 550 MHz, K7 is 38% faster. At 600 MHz, K7 is 43% faster.
Get a load of this...
3D Winbench K7 w/half speed L2 vs. 550 MHz PIII
Fully optimized SSE and 3DNow!
At 550 MHz, K7 is 40% faster. At 600 MHz, K7 is 50% faster.