Check dit rijtje info over de K7, bij Ace's Hardware.
JC pointed me to this posting at SI:AMD, which says among other things the following:
- AMD will release the K7 benchmark on 6/10 at the Microprocessor Dinner (aka Dinner with Mike Meyer)
- AMD will officialy launch the K7 on Tuesday 6/22
- K7 on the Firing Squad was a Rev. B and the shipping version is Rev. C, which includes fixes on K7 and the Irongate chipset
- K7 beats the PIII at both FPU and Integer performance
- K7 yield is very very good and can hit 900 mhz with 0.25 uM process
- AMD will launch 500, 550 and 600 Mhz K7 initially, with 650 and 700 Mhz to follow when Intel launches PIII 600 and 650 Mhz
- 3 big K7 mobo makers are Asus, Abit and Gigabyte.
Now you may want to read this with a grain of salt. Abit with K7 motherboard? Somehow that idea doesn't sink in too well for me and I wonder why... heh!