X-Bit Labs heeft wat info bij elkaar geharkt over de verkoopresultaten van moederbordfabrikanten voor het jaar 2000. Zoals je ziet staat Asus nog steeds vrij comfortabel bovenaan. Uitschieter is ECS die meer dan 40% meer verkocht dan werd verwacht. De meeste kleinere fabrikanten haalde hun verwachting helaas niet. Onderstaande hoeveelheden uiteraard wel x1000 stuks.
Fabrikant Totaal 2000 Verwacht 2000 Percentage behaald Asus 13.950 15.000 93% GigaByte 9.800 9.500 103.2% MSI 9.000 8.480 106.1% ECS 7.600 5.375 141.4% Abit 2.400 2.800 85.7% DFI 2.360 2.800 84.3% Chaintech 1.760 2.177 80.8% Biostar 1.610 2.560 62.9% Epox 1.500 2.400 62.5%
Well, here are a few comments of ours:
- Although ASUS has come really close to the sacred 15 million bar, they failed to overcome it. Anyway, ASUS remains the indisputable leader here.
- GIGABYTE managed to exceed the initial plan and took the second prize, as they have actually expected.
- MSI managed to exceed the plan even more than GIGABYTE though it still didnít manage to win the second position in our chart: it took the third one.
- The champion in terms of sales increase appeared Elitegroup (ECS), which made a significant dash forward in the end of 2000 and hence managed to come really close to the market leaders. If it goes on like this, this company will be able to threaten ASUSís major competitors in a year or so.
- All the other companies appeared in the following sequence: ABIT, DFI, CHAINTECH, BIOSTAR, EPOX. The interesting thing about all the companies located in the lower part of the table, is that all of them overestimated their potential, especially EPOX, which turned out to get the lowest percentage: 62.5.
Bedankt Sinterklaas 82 tm voor de link.