3px; height 5px;" title="NewsLeecher logo" alt="NewsLeecher logo"> Na zeven eerdere bètareleases is NewsLeecher nu bij de eerste Release Candidate aangekomen van versie 2.0. NewsLeecher is bedoeld voor het lezen van berichten en downloaden van bestanden uit usenet-nieuwsgroepen. Het volledige ontwikkeltraject is op deze pagina na te lezen, maar dit zijn de veranderingen van afgelopen week:
2.0 Beta 7
- Added option to turn on/off large icons to the main toolbar.
- Added option to turn on/off the text below the toolbar icons.
- Added enabled / disabled mode to some of the icons on the main toolbar.
- Updated the 'Days' dropdown-box on the super search toolbar to make it support the newly introduced 50 days super search article retention.
- Once again improved the functionality of 'Leech Specify' a bit.
- Sorting the subscribed groups by the 'New (C)' column didn't work. This has been fixed!
2.0 Beta 6
- The retention in the 'Audio' and the 'Other' Super Search categories has been bumped to 30 days. The 'Image' category has been bumped to 15 days retention.
- New 'No Splashscreen at Startup' checkbox under advanced options. This checkbox replaces the '-nosplash' startup parameter.
- Added some more options to the new 'Leech Specify' dialog. It is now possible to make the new dialog act exactly like the old dialog did, if wanted.
- Nice UI improvement here
- All icons, both on toolbars and in listviews, are now drawn with alpha-transparency.
- Lots of other small improvements.
- Fixed a 'Invalid Floating Point' bug introduced in beta 6. Sometimes happened when receiving new headers.
- Many small bugfixes.
- Added 'Current Speed' column to the connection listview.
- Added a 'Queue Info' feature to the transfer queue menu. The feature can be used to see remaining transfer queue for selected queue entries, combined size of the selected queue entries, etc.
- Reworked the 'Leech Specify' feature. It's now more flexible and more effective to use.
- Remaining time is now shown for header downloads.
- Added option to manually and automatically reload the news page.
- A bunch of small improvements.
- Visual improvements. Some of the icons now got alpha- transparency and the transfer graph is smoother.
- *Partly* fixed bug where articles sometimes just "hanged" in the transfer queue without getting downloaded. This bug is not fully fixed yet.
- Fixed bug where the Super Search listview scrollbars would sometimes disappear.
- It was not possible to stop an XPAT search if all the connections of a server were in 'paused' mode.